Alder Charles Myadze
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Myadze’s Updates
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of November 7, 2022
- The Common Council does not meet the week of November 7, but many other City committees do, including the Plan Commission, City-County Homeless Issues Committee, Public Safety Review Committee, Madison Arts Commission, Community Development Authority, Police Civilian Oversight Board, and more. To see the full list of City meetings scheduled for the week, please consult the City meeting schedule.
- Metro service redesign: Metro is holding one last virtual public hearing on Wednesday, November 9, at 6pm to discuss final details related to the June 2023 service redesign. Items to be reviewed are:
A number of these items have also been translated into alternate languages and are available here.
- COVID vaccination clinic: A free COVID vaccination clinic will be held at Community Development Authority West, Romnes Apartments (540 W. Olin Avenue), on Thursday, November 10, from 12:30pm-4:30pm. No appointment is needed. Pfizer, Moderna and Novavax will be offered. Available to everyone 6 months and older. All are welcome! If you have any questions, please contact:
- Christene Decot, firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-267-9524, 608-209-8373
- Renee Robinson, email@example.com, 608-242-6528, 608-220-1556
- Homebuyer education class: The City of Madison, in partnership with the Home Buyers Round Table of Dane County and Consumer Credit Counseling Service, is offering free, HUD-approved homebuyer education classes. Learn more about what it takes to buy your first home, securing a mortgage, and down payment assistance programs. Hear from content experts like realtors, lenders, insurance agents, home inspectors, and housing counselors. The next class is Saturday, November 12, 8:30am-3:30pm, at Villager Mall on Park Street, 2300 S. Park Street, Atrium entrance. Register here. Questions? Contact Maria Davila-Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-266-6557.
- Fair housing training seminar: The Fair Housing Center of Greater Madison is offering a free, online fair housing training seminar for owners and managers of rental properties, or staff operating residential programs, in Madison on Wednesday, November 9, 6pm-7:30pm. The seminar will include information about the protected classes and prohibited practices delineated by local, state and federal fair housing laws, as well as emerging issues such as sexual harassment and hate incidents in housing situations. To register, visit https://tinyurl.com/MadisonFairHousing or call 608-257-0853. If you need materials in alternate formats or other accommodations to access our services, please call 608-257-0853.
- Salute to Black veterans: A Salute to Black Veterans program is being held Wednesday, November 9, 12pm-2pm at the Radisson Hotel, 517 Grand Canyon Drive. Pre-registration is required. Vets can either email email@example.com or call 608-512-0000, ext. 3002 to register. The program includes a free luncheon honoring all branches of the military. Limited transportation is available upon request. Reservations will be accepted until noon on November 8.
- Lake Monona Waterfront Design Challenge: You are invited to attend the public event series for the Lake Monona Waterfront Design Challenge hosted by Madison Parks. The event series is an opportunity to learn more about the design challenge, the selected teams, their progress in plan development, and the final master plan proposals. The three events include a design challenge kick-off, midpoint check-in, and team presentations of their proposed vision for the Lake Monona Waterfront. The next event in the series is the midpoint check-in:
- Design Challenge Check-In
Monday, November 7, 2022 @ 6:00 pm CT
Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center, Lecture Hall, 1 John Nolen Drive
Design teams will virtually present initial thoughts and concepts in developing a master plan vision for the Lake Monona Waterfront.
- Design Challenge Check-In
- Transportation Demand Management Ordinance: On November 1, a proposed Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Ordinance was introduced to the Common Council. TDM focuses on shifting travel to sustainable transportation options such as transit, rideshare, biking, and walking. The TDM website provides a summary of the program and objectives. A brief description of the TDM program can be seen at 1:33 into the video of the August 15 TPPB meeting.
- Streets Division updates:
- Fall yard waste collection is in the home stretch. You only have one or two chances for curbside yard waste pickup yet this fall. Don't miss out! Get the dates when you should put yard waste out for your home at www.cityofmadison.com/YardWaste
- Drop-off sites hours and locations will be changing at the end of November. Before loading your vehicle, be sure you are aware of the hours of where you are going to take yard waste, electronics, and other items. The drop-off site website is www.cityofmadison.com/DropOffSites
- Alternate side parking restrictions start on November 15. Yes, winter is coming soon (regardless of how warm it is today). Get all of your winter information needs, including parking info, at www.cityofmadison.com/Winter
- And finally, if you haven't downloaded your trash & recycling calendar for 2023 yet it is available at www.cityofmadison.com/CollectionSchedule.
- General Election is November 8, 2022: Voters can view a sample ballot for their address and find out where and how to vote on the MyVote Wisconsin website. All Dane County voters will see three referendum questions on their ballots. Voters who reside in the Sun Prairie, Waunakee, Middleton/Cross Plains, or Verona Area School Districts will also see school district referendum questions on their ballot. A number of offices are up for election:
- Governor/Lieutenant Governor
- Attorney General
- Secretary of State
- State Treasurer
- U.S. Senator
- U.S. Congressional Representative – District 2
- State Senator – District 27
- Voters who reside in District 27 will see this office on their ballot
- Representative to State Assembly – Districts 46, 47, 48, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80
- Voters who reside in each district will see that district's race on their ballot
- Dane County Sheriff
- Dane County Clerk of Circuit Court
- Put pumpkins in your leaf pile: Streets Division crews will collect pumpkins along with your leave and yard waste. This includes other compostable decorations like corn stalks and hay. Remove any non-compostable items like wire, tea candles, or electric lights from these items and then please set them on top of your leaf pile or leaf bags. Read more here.
Community Facilities Loan program: A new City of Madison funding program aimed at helping non-profits strengthen and vitalize City neighborhoods is underway. The Community Facilities Loan (CFL) program, administered by the City's Community Development Division, provides low-cost financing for non-residential developments undertaken by non-profit organizations to acquire or improve properties that will serve the public. Learn more about the new program here
Email to a friend