Alder Charles Myadze
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Myadze’s Updates
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of November 28, 2022
Its the season to show gratitude and appreciation. Be safe. Drive safely and happy Thanksgiving.
This edition of the Weekly Meeting and Event Highlights contains information about non-City of Madison events. If you plan on blogging the non-City of Madison events, please do so before Thursday, December 1, to avoid running afoul of any campaign season restrictions that come into play on that date.
Finance Committee: The Finance Committee meets virtually on Monday, November 28, at 4:30pm. Items on their agenda include a resolution authorizing agreements for the purpose of providing Paratransit Services to Madison Metro, and a resolution awarding $8,950,000 from the Affordable Housing Fund that will support the construction of 500 units of new rental housing in Madison, 344 of which will be affordable.
Urban Design Commission: The Urban Design Commission meets virtually on Wednesday, November 30, at 4:30pm. Items on the agenda include a public hearing about the new Lake Street public parking ramp and mixed-use building at 415 N. Lake Street, discussion on the renovation of a former hotel located at 3841 E. Washington Avenue building to residential, and discussion of planned multi-use project at 6604 Odana Road (formerly Market Square Theater).
Transportation Commission: The Transportation Commission will meet virtually on Wednesday, November 30, at 5:00pm. Items on the agenda include a resolution authorizing agreements for the purpose of providing Paratransit Services to Madison Metro, and a proposed ordinance establishing a Transportation Demand Management Program.
Common Council Executive Committee: The Common Council Executive Committee will meet virtually on Wednesday, November 30, 2022, at 5:30pm. Items on the agenda include a proposed ordinance amendment to change alder terms and elections.
For additional information about meetings scheduled for the week of November 28, please consult the City Meeting Schedule.
City Related Events
- WPCRC Family Fun Night on December 9
- Public Information Meeting: Wingra Proper Watershed Study: The Wingra Proper Watershed Project will be holding a public information meeting on December 8 from 6-8pm. Please register in advance for this virtual meeting.
- Free Training on the Affordable Connectivity Program for Broadband Internet on Tuesday, December 6
Non-City Related Events
- The 10th annual Run Santa Run holiday fun run will impact car and bicycle traffic in District 2 on Dec 4. The run starts at 3pm.
- Grow with Google Program, Digital Upskilling Workshops presented by The Madison Black Chamber of Commerce and Google: Held, Tuesdays from 12:30-1:30 on November 29, December 6, and December 13. Please register in advance.
- WWBIC is hosting a seminar on understanding how cash flows on December 7 from 12-1pm at WWBIC, 2300 S Park St, Ste 113.
- Free Homebuyer Education Class: Saturday, December 10, 8am-3pm, Villager Mall on Park Street, Atrium Entrance (2300 Park Street).
- City of Madison is a Top 10 Digital City!
- Giving Tuesday on November 29: There are numerous charities in Madison that are doing amazing work and deserve your support.
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Humanitarian Award- Nominations Open Now!: Promoting peace, Understanding, and Improving communication & cooperation between diverse populations in Dane County. Nomination deadline extended to Friday December 2, 2022.
- The application for a BYFY (By Youth For Youth) grant is open: Youth applicants, schools, and youth-serving organizations in Dane County can apply for up to $3,000 for youth-led initiatives and the application is due December 23, 2022.
- The Madison CARES: A New Approach to Behavioral Health: The CARES's annual report has been published on the Public Health Madison & Dane County's Violence Prevention page.
- Madison Parks Downtown Offices Move to Olin Park: Madison Parks' downtown office is moving to 330 E. Lakeside St., 53715 . The office will be closed to in-person visits on Friday, Dec. 2 and reopen at the new location on Monday, Dec. 5, 2022.
- Drop-off Site Information: The weekend following the Thanksgiving holiday will be the final drop-off site weekend for the year.
- Drop-off Site Hours for Saturday, November 26, 2022
- All three drop-off site locations will be open from 9:00am to 4:00pm for City of Madison residents.
- The sites are located at 121 E. Olin Avenue, 4602 Sycamore Avenue, and 402 South Point Road.
- Drop-off Site Hours for Sunday, November 27, 2022
- The only drop-off site open on this date will be the location at 121 E. Olin Avenue. This will be the final day for the Olin Avenue drop-off site this year.
- The drop-off sites at 4602 Sycamore Avenue and 402 South Point Road will be closed on Sunday, November 27. They will reopen on Monday, November 28 at 7:30am.
- Winter Hours
- Central Drop-Off Site, 121 E. Olin Ave.: Closed for winter starting November 28, 2022 - April 2023.
- East Drop-Off Site, 4602 Sycamore Ave.: Closed weekends after Saturday, November 26th. Winter Hours, starting December 3, 2022-April 2023.
- West Drop-Off Site, 402 South Point Rd.: Closed weekends after Saturday, November 26th. Winter Hours, starting December 3, 2022-April 2023.
- Directions for Residents with a Friday and Monday Trash & Recycling Collection Day: If your trash and recycling are normally collected on Fridays and Mondays by the Streets Division, you should have your carts to the curb by 6:30am on Monday, November 28, 2022. Check your collection schedule calendar to determine if you should have your recycling cart to the curb along with your trash cart.
- Street Closure--South Brearly Street: South Brearly Street will be closed at East Washington Avenue until Wednesday, November 30, for curb and pavement work at the intersection.
- Brayton Lot Closes to Permit and Transient Parking on Dec 1.
- I Park in the Snow Emergency Zone: Where Do I Park?
- Info, Resources, and a Calendar of Important Dates for Those Considering Running in the Spring 2023 Common Council Elections
Email to a friend