Meeting and event highlights for the week of August 8
- Overdose Spike Alert: Public Health Madison & Dane County is issuing a public health alert due to an increase, or spike, in drug overdoses in our community.
- Project Updates: Old Middleton Road and Craig Avenue Resurfacing
Parks Alive is a collaborative effort across multiple City departments and involves many community-based stakeholders and mobile resources. This is a great opportunity to come out to local parks, build community, strengthen relationships, and have fun! Click on the following parks to see dates, times and activities for:
- Monday August 8th 4:30pm-7:30pm Parks Alive ~ Allied Park - Food Carts, Movie, MSCR FIT2GO
- Tuesday, August 9th 4:30pm-7:30pm Parks Alive ~ Darbo/Worthington Park MSCR Art Cart, MPL, Bubbler--woodcut collage, book give away, Mentoring Positives food cart, Darbo Peace Walk at 6pm
- Wednesday, Aug 10 4:30pm-9:30pm @Warner Park (Trailsway) Parks Alive ~ Increase the Peace | Movies with Madison Parks - The Lorax MSCR Art Cart from 5-7:30pm, movie at 7pm
- Thursday, August 11th 1:00pm-4:00pm @ Penn Park - Parks Alive ~ It Takes a Village Food carts, Fit2Go, Movie at 3:00 pm
Madison Public Library Is Hosting Storytelling Events for Kids. From August 8th to August 20th across different libraries, the Madison Public Library We Read program is offering a chance to share stories in a unique way.
Guns to Gift Cards on Saturday, August 13th: Dane County Sheriff's Office is organizing its first Gift Cards for Guns Buy Back event on August 13, 2022 at the Alliant Energy Center from 10am to 2pm.
- Monkeypox Vaccine Clinic: With expanded eligibility guidance from Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Public Health Madison Dane County is opening a monkeypox vaccination clinic. Learn more about the updated eligibility and how to make an appointment at publichealthmdc.com/monkeypox.
100 Black Men of Madison 27th Annual Back to School Celebration - Saturday August 13th, 8am-11am, Goodman South Campus of Madison College (2429 S Perry St) - All Dane County elementary and middle school students of limited income families and their parents are invited to participate in this drive-thru event. Elementary and middle school students accompanied by their parents will receive a new backpack full of school supplies until materials are exhausted. Given current health concerns, all students and parents are asked to remain in their cars, and please wear a mask while interacting with staff and volunteers. Questions? Visit this site or call or call 608-205-8572
Dane Dances began their 23rd season on Friday, August 5. Check it out every Friday evening in August!
- Thursday, Aug. 11, 4-8pm: Madison Night Market
Crowd Control Ordinance Change at PSRC
On Wednesday, August 10th, the Public Safety Review Committee will discuss a proposed ordinance that would prohibit the Madison Police Department and law enforcement responding under mutual aid from using tear gas, mace, impact projectile devices or other chemical agents for the purposes of crowd control. The virtual meeting begins at 5pm.
If you have questions, comments, suggestions, etc., feel free to reach out: email@example.com