Meeting & Event Highlights for the Week of May 8, 2023
Finance Committee: The Finance Committee meeting will be held in virtual format on Monday, May 8, 2023 at 4:30 PM. Agenda item include amending the 2023 adopted Mayor’s Office Sustainability Improvements Project Capital Budget to accept a grant award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA); and more!
Madison Arts Commission: The Madison Arts Commission will be held virtually on Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 5:30 PM. Agenda items include naming of Madison’s next Youth Poet Laureate, and more!
- West Area Open House, Wednesday, May 10, 2023: During the West Area Plan kickoff meetings residents shared questions and comments about a variety of topics and projects other City departments and divisions are working on. As a result, Planning Division staff coordinated a multi-agency open house to bring together residents and staff from various City divisions. The open house is scheduled for Wednesday, May 10, 6:30-8:00 p.m. at Lussier Community Education Center, 55 S. Gammon Road. Please join us - Metro service is available on route 67 and parking is also available. The open house will cover a variety of projects and initiatives.
- East Side Farmers' Market, Tuesday, May 9, 2023: The Eastside Farmers' Market is Madison Wisconsin’s finest weekday farmers' market. Our goal is to bring the freshest Wisconsin grown food direct to the heart of the East side. Our vendor members are agricultural producers and food artisans who make value added products from Wisconsin's agricultural bounty.
- Dane County Farmers' Market - Wednesday Market, Wednesday, May 10, 2023: The Wednesday Dane County Farmers’ Market is located on the 200 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, in between the Madison Municipal Building and the City County Building. While more intimate than the Saturday Market, you will still find many of your favorite Dane County Farmers’ Market members, as well as a full array of fruits and vegetables, eggs, cheeses, honey, maple syrup, bakery items, cut flowers, plants, and many specialty items.
- Conservation Park Tour – Heritage Sanctuary, Wednesday, May 10, 2023: It's our annual wildflower walk! Heritage Sanctuary is known for its robust display of “spring ephemeral” wildflowers. Join conservation staff, enjoy the blooms and learn about how this habitat came to be.
Conservation Park Tours are educational staff-guided walks held at various conservation parks on the 2nd Wednesday, May - October. Event starting times vary, depending on the sunset, and typically last about 90 minutes. Walks are held rain or shine, free to attend, easy-paced, and family-friendly. No registration is required. Most locations do NOT have restrooms. As always, dogs and pets are prohibited in all conservation parks.
- Madison Night Market, Thursday, May 11, 2023: Madison Night Market is a celebration of Madison's unique and inspiring creative culture.
- WPCRC Family Fun Night, Friday, May 12, 2023: WPCRC Family Fun Nights are in partnership with Madison School Community Recreation and offers local families a wide selection of fun activities. Sign your family up today!
- Meadowlands and Tree Lane Resource Fairs: Does your organization provide activities, resources, or services that could benefit the children and families living in the Meadowlands and Tree Lane Apartments this summer? Public Health Madison & Dane County is hosting resource fairs at each of these locations in May.
Meadowlands Apartments – 6810 Milwaukee St., Saturday, May 20th 12-3pm
Tree Lane Family Apartments – 7933 Tree Ln., Wednesday, May 24th 3-6 pm
If you would like to attend one or both of these fairs, please complete the following survey to assist with planning. Or contact our team at email@example.com.
YES MY ORG WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND! Responses requested by Friday, May 12, 2023!
- Joint Statement by Madison Mayor and Alders Related to Recent Racist Video: On Monday, a video of an UW-Madison student engaging in racist language targeting Black students on campus became public and went viral.
- Don’t Miss Your Final Spring Yard Waste Collection: The Streets Division is wrapping up the spring yard waste collection. For certain neighborhoods, the final set out for spring yard waste collection is this coming up Sunday, May 7, 2023.
- Make Music Madison Returns June 21: For the 11th year in a row, the City of Madison will become a stage with hundreds of free live performances throughout the City.
- Seeking people to join Community Policing Advisory Boards to build trust, legitimacy: The Madison Police Department is recruiting individuals now through May 26, 2023 to serve on Community Policing Advisory Boards (CPABs) in each of Madison’s six police districts (cityofmadison.com/police/districts).
- Mow Two Times this Low Mow May 2023: The City invites the community to support its pollinators and green spaces by mowing less and joining in its Low Mow May 2023 efforts.
- REMINDER: Dane CORE 2.0 Rental Assistance Program Applications to Close May 31: Dane County and the City of Madison want to remind residents that the Dane COronavirus REntal program (CORE 2.0), funded by the Federal Emergency Rental Assistance Program through the U.S.
- Transit Network Redesign Updates!
- See all updates here-> Metro’s redesign set to go into effect on Sunday, June 11
- Things to Note!
- Trip Planning
- We have schedule information now at mymetrobus.com/redesign.
- Currently, you can plan your trip using the Transit App. (You would need to set a travel date on or after June 11.)
- Trip Planning