Alder Lindsay Lemmer
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Lemmer’s Updates
Street improvements, your concerns, upcoming meetings
I hope you are doing well. I have a few updates to share with you:
1. Rolling Meadows Streetlights - recommendations coming
I've heard from a few folks about the need for better lighting in Rolling Meadows streets, especially on S Walbridge and Charleen Lane. I discussed this with the proper folks in engineering and they are working on recommendations to improve the situation. I'll share more on this as soons as I have more information.
2. Golf course financials being discussed at tomorrow's Golf Subcommittee meeting, Thursday, May 9, 4 pm
At this meeting the subcommittee is expected to review the 2018 Financials for the Enterprise as a whole and to receive a staff memo indicating that staff will be working with the Mayor, Alders, and BPC to determine the next steps and process in the short term to address the significant financial and park land use issues. Staff will be recommending that this process commence quickly given the financial issues impacting the City's general fund due to the deficit position of the Golf Enterprise Fund.
I'm sharing this particular meeting because I know this is a topic of interest and concern for many in our district.
You can see all upcoming city meetings here.
3. Road improvements coming to our area
Here's what we can expect in our neighborhoods:
Street resurfacing. Several streets in our area will be resurfacing in the coming months, listed below. The schedule can be found here.
Roads being resurfaced in District 3:
Violet Lane from Hamlet Place to Daffodil Lane
Hamlet Place from Swanton Road to Daffodil Lane
Daffodil Lane from Milwaukee Street to Hamlet Place
Flint Lane from Acewood Blvd to Meadowlark Drive
Charleen Lane from Walker Drive to Flint Lane
Lois Lane from Walker Drive to Meadowlark Drive
Walker Drive from Milwaukee Street to Flint Lane
Valley Road from Retana Drive to Kevins Way
Shady Wood Way from Valley Road to Quiet Lane
Quiet Lane from Shady Wood Way to Valley Road
C. Pavement crack sealing and chip sealing are also slated for streets throughout District 3 this year. This is a rather quick maintenance that helps extend the life of our streets, delaying the need for resurfacing or total reconstruction. More on the process can be found here.
4. Ace Apartments/Sentry Food site development proposed plan on hold
The Ace Apartments plan is on hold. This is the development that had been proposed for the Sentry site on Cottage Grove Road, and included a mixed-use plan with commercial space and affordable housing for people with disabilities. They had applied for tax credits from the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Administration (WHEDA), but did not receive them. They are currently reviewing their options for moving forward. I will share more information on this as soon as I have it.
5. Buckeye Road construction to begin this summer
The Buckeye Road reconstruction project is scheduled to begin mid-June 2019 and is expected to last through November 2019. This project spans from Monona Drive to South Stoughton Road.
The following will be completed in the six-month span:
- New curb and gutters
- New asphalt pavement
- On-street bike lanes in both directions will be added
- Parking lanes will be added in certain areas
- Spot replacement on sidewalk on the north side of street
- Sidewalk will be added to south side of street where it does not exist currently
- Curb ramp for accessing sidewalks will be improved
- Pedestrian activated flashing yellow lights on Buckeye Road along Frank Allis Elementary at Jerome Street and Davies Street will be added
- Pedestrian activated flashing yellow lights at the intersection of Buckeye Road, Maher Avenue will be added
- Street lighting will be added to the entire length of the project
- New retaining walls will replace existing walls
- Sanitary sewer main will be replaced for entire length of project
- Existing water main from Spaanem Avenue to S. Stoughton Road will be replaced
- Storm sewer will be added to entire length of street
Traffic impacts: The street will be closed to through traffic and detoured during construction. The detour route is S. Stoughton Road and Cottage Grove Road.
6. Bus Rapid Transit Public Meeting
The City of Madison would like your feedback to help them understand your priorities for a proposed East-West Bus Rapid Transit corridor. There is a public meeting on Tuesday, May 14, 6:00-7:30 PM at the Madison Senior Center, to learn about potential routes and station locations along this proposed East-West BRT corridor.
More to come shortly. If you have questions or topics you'd like addressed in future updates, please contact me at email@example.com.
Email to a friend