Alder Regina Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Meetings, news, and fun stuff!
I hope this update finds you healthy and enjoying the many things Madison has to offer in summer. On a side note, I myself caught a cold after a family gathering – remember that there are many viruses circulating, so you may wish to consider wearing a mask indoors even if you have already been vaccinated against COVID-19. Not yet vaccinated? There are still lots of options for you!
Upcoming meetings of interest:
- Monday, July 12: Plan commission will consider the conditional use permit for the Hoyt School building to become Capital High. The meeting begins at 5:30pm, and is available to view online.
Neighborhood news of note:
- On Saturday, July 17th, a mandated electrical service shutdown for the testing of emergency systems in Camp Randall will occur. Testing of emergency audible equipment and alarms will take place periodically between the hours of 10:00am-12:00pm.
- The Camp Randall South Endzone Renovation will result in some road interruptions on Breese Terrace between 7/19/21-8/13/21. Exact dates will be provided as they become available.
- Please check out the most recent Midtown Police District strategic plan update.
- Dane County has a new grant program to help local organizations recover from the pandemic.
- The Dane County Office of Energy and Climate Change is seeking applications for County Climate Champions through November 8.
Fun stuff in the city:
- The Madison Children's Museum now allows walk-up admission (advance tickets are optional) to come and play. Note masks are still required for all visitors over age 3. Drop-in educational programs have also returned.
- Maxwell Street Days are back! There will be deals from July 15-18.
- A lunchtime virtual event on Thursday July 15 will focus on the state of the arts in Wisconsin, the impact of COVID-19 on the arts, and how the intersection of arts and social activism can lead to essential community conversations. Join the Trace the Line Conversation!
- Carts in Parks is bringing food carts to a park near you staring July 25.
- More family-friendly movies in the parks have been added to the calendar.
- The Madison Night Market will run 4-9pm Aug. 19, Sept. 16, Oct. 22, and Dec. 16.
- Thursday night dinners at Troy Farm have returned, starting Thursday July 15, and happening each first and third Thursday from 3:30-6:30pm. There's also a tour of the farm Saturday, July 17 with the Monkey Business Institute.
- Check out this great short video highlighting Madison - the best city ever!
I look forward to seeing you around town.
Email to a friend