Alder Regina Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Treaty Day today, Redistricting and PFAS updates tomorrow, West Homecoming parade Friday, other news
Today is Treaty Day! Join UW Madison for a free, live virtual roundtable discussion TONIGHT at 6pm to learn about treaties, the most important documents in any community, and how our ongoing nation-to-nation agreements with the Ho-Chunk Nation are fundamental to daily life here at Teejop (day-JOPE), the place currently known as Madison, Wisconsin. We are all Treaty People.
Tomorrow, September 30, there are two important city meetings to be aware of:
- Redistricting committee – 4pm. I believe Alder Bennett's current proposal to be the best possibility so far for maintaining the UW student voice, and not breaking up the Regent Neighborhood across aldermanic districts.
- The Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District – 8am. This meeting will include results of PFAS (per- and polyfluroalkyl substances) sampling and analysis of the District's incoming and outgoing wastewater (influent and effluent) and biosolids. Sampling results will also be available on the website the Sewerage District has dedicated to this issue.
Friday, October 1 is West High's Homecoming. The parade is back, and will be happening from 1:45-2:35pm, starting at Breese Terrace and coming down Chadbourne Ave, and ending on the West practice field where there will be a pep assembly until school ends at 3:37. A Homecoming dance will be held October 16, outside.
A new survey is open to gather resident feedback on the reconstruction of John Nolen Drive. The reconstruction will include improvements to the existing roadway and bridges as well as bicycle and pedestrian accommodations. A partial shoreline replacement is also being considered.
Save the Date: The principal of Capital High is tentatively planning guided tour slots at the Hoyt School property, the future home of Capital High, the evening of October 14. Plan to come see the vision of making this site a 21st century learning center!
- The Dane County Fire Truck Parade will be Sunday, October 3, starting at 1pm on State Street, ending on the Capitol Square.
- The Regent Art Walk will take place Saturday, October 9 from 10am-4pm. Sites include:
- 2203 Regent St.
- 110 Virginia Terrace
- 201 Virginia Terrace
- 306 Virginia Terrace
- 402 Virginia Terrace
- 414 Virginia Terrace
- 456 Virginia Terrace
- 2526 Norwood Place
- 2222 Hillington Green
- 2224 Hillington Green
- 2137 Commonwealth Ave.
- Dinner at Troy Farms, Thursday October 7, 3:30-6:30pm
The 2021 Progress Update for the Comprehensive Plan is now available. The Progress Update highlights projects from 2020 that have furthered implementation of Plan recommendations and tracks the status of each of the Plan's Actions.
Reminder that there are many opportunities for COVID-19 testing in the area. If in doubt, please get tested!
Email to a friend