Alder Regina Vidaver
- Phone: (608) 616-0669
- Contact Alder Regina Vidaver
- Contact Council
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Keep sidewalks clear, large item collection, independent police monitor, kudos, and events
With the recent dusting of snow turning to ice, it seems appropriate to remind everyone of the requirement to clear your walk by noon the day following precipitation. If it can't be cleared, you must sand it; sand is provided by the City throughout our neighborhood in green cans at street corners every few blocks. If building inspection finds your sidewalk not cleared of snow and ice, you will be ticketed - there is no grace period or negotiation.
Large item pickup is now available on a weekly basis. Sign up online to schedule your items for pickup!
While leaf season is (mostly) behind us, it's a great time to sign up for leaf-free streets alerts. Alerts will be issued 1-2 days before a significant rain event reminding you that it's time to remove street leaves to keep them out of our lakes.
Independent Police Monitor Hiring Decision
The Police Civilian Oversight Board will make a hiring decision in the Independent Police Monitor search in closed session at its meeting on Thursday, December 16.
- The City of Madison placed 8th in the 250,000-499,999 population category of the Digital Cities Survey conducted by the Center for Digital Government, a national research and advisory institute focused on information technology policies and best practices in state and local government.
- Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center has achieved Platinum level certification status by the U.S. Green Building Council as LEED-EB: O&M (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design – Existing Building Operations and Maintenance). The LEED rating system, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), is the foremost program for buildings, homes and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained and operated for improved environmental and human health performance.
- 2020 and 2021 Alix Olson Award for the Promotion of a Tolerant and Just Community winners are Oscar Mireles and the Tamara D. Grigsby Office for Inclusion and Equity of Dane County.
- On Tuesday, December 14, Andi Cloud wraps up her Storyteller Residency by getting personal! The virtual event, Being Hinu: Growing Up Ho-Chunk in the 20th Century, will provide a look into Andi's life, including pivotal moments where she learned her tribe's ways and started to define what the Ho-Chunk life means to her. Register here.
- On Thursday, December 16, it's the last Madison Night Market of the year. Come on down to State Street between 4-8pm to take in entertainment, and get some unique gifts!
- MSCR's 2021 pottery sale will be Thursday and Friday December 16-17 from 8am-6pm, Saturday December 18 from 9am-3pm, and Sunday December 19 from 10am-2pm. Check it out at the Hoyt School Building gym!
From the Parks Division: Winter Recreation Updates
- Winter recreation is getting closer BUT all rinks and lagoons remain closed. Get the status of your favorite winter recreation locations online.
- A friendly reminder, Glenway Golf Park is CLOSED to all foot traffic. Including no walking the grounds, and once snow arrives, no cross-country skiing, snowshoeing or sledding. Please use one or more of the many other parks for your winter recreation fun.
- In case you missed this earlier announcement, the Elver Park machine-made snow loop is not happening this winter season.
Email to a friend