Alder Regina Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Put your cans on the curb, not the street, Meetings, Housing bills help, Events and Announcements
With it being Wisconsin, spring is coming with fits and starts right now. We had especially warm weather last week, allowing our street sweepers to get out and start pulling sand and dirt from our streets, and then the plows were out yesterday – in some cases followed by street sweepers to remove grit as the temps warmed through the day!
With all of this work going on in our streets, one of our neighbors asked me to remind everyone to please place your trash and recycling carts on your driveway or terrace, NOT in the street itself on pickup days. When you place your carts in the street it inhibits any plowing or sweeping that may need to occur. So, please help out our streets department by placing your carts in an accessible place that doesn't interrupt other street maintenance services.
Meetings of interest:
- Wednesday, March 9:
- Thursday, March 10:
- The 2nd neighborhood meeting discussing the proposed redevelopment at the shuttered Kwik Trip/Stop-n-Go on Speedway will be at 7pm IN PERSON at the Sequoya Library. The proposal will go before the Plan Commission on March 21 at 5:30pm.
- The Madison Police Department will hold an informational meeting regarding body worn cameras at 6:30pm. This meeting will be held via Zoom, and will be recorded.
- The Equal Opportunities Commission will be receiving a presentation on the transit network redesign process, discussing a proposed truth and reconciliation process, and discussing housing issues at its meeting on Thursday at 5pm.
- Dane County is planning a sustainability campus and landfill expansion to be sited at the Yahara Golf Course. Learn more about it at a 6pm online meeting.
News you can use:
Wisconsin Help for Homeowners (WHH) is a new statewide program that can help with overdue bills like mortgage payments, property taxes, utilities, and more. The program is open to individuals and families who live in Wisconsin with overdue housing-related bills, both with and without a mortgage, who meet income and other eligibility requirements, and have experienced a qualified economic hardship since January 21, 2020. Questions? Contact the Community Action Coalition for South Central WI at: 608-237-1255
- The Shamrock Shuffle is back! The 5K and 10K benefiting the Boys and Girls Clubs of Dane County will be Saturday, March 12 at 8am, starting and finishing on the 600 block of State Street.
- Did you know that, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, women make up 10.9% of the U.S. construction workforce? The Engineering Division, in partnership with the Parks Division, Water Utility and Traffic Engineering Division, is proud to join the nationally-recognized Women in Construction Week, March 6-12, 2022.
- The City of Madison Parks Division is pleased to announce the launch of the Lake Monona Waterfront Design Challenge. The Design Challenge is a competition to create a visionary, inclusive, and environmentally focused master plan for 1.7 miles and 17 acres of Madison's foremost public lakefront. The Request for Qualifications (RFQ) invites interested planning teams to submit their qualifications for consideration in the team selection process.
- The Capital Area Regional Planning Commission is pleased to announce that a draft of the 2050 Regional Development Framework report is now available for review and comment. Submit comments by April 10, 2022 through one of two channels: Via email to Caitlin Shanahan at email@example.com, or through the comment box on https://rdf-carpc.hub.arcgis.com/
Email to a friend