Alder Regina Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Upcoming meetings, voting info, yard waste pickups, other announcements
Spring is definitely trying to come in, and that's a welcome sight. Please be aware that we are predicted to get rain later this week followed by freezing temps at night. That could make for slippery sidewalks and roads, so do take care when walking and traveling in the mornings.
Meetings of interest this week:
- Monday: Plan commission, 5:30pm – consideration of conditional use requests for the proposed redevelopment at the shuttered Kwik Trip/Stop-n-Go on Speedway.
- Tuesday: Metro Transit Redesign near west side area meeting, 6pm. Please, please attend this meeting and offer your input on the proposed changes if you are able. We really need to hear from people who do use Metro, or would use it if it were configured differently or ran at different times.
- The Streets Division's drop-off site located at 1501 W. Badger Road will be closing on March 25, 2022 for a construction project. The site will remain closed until at least the spring of 2023.
- Set-out dates for spring yard waste collection are now available! Learn when to set out your yard waste for pickup by visiting the Streets Division website: www.cityofmadison.com/yardwaste.
- As you prepare for the Spring Election on April 5, the City of Madison Clerk's Office has a few reminders for you:
- You should have received a post card in the mail indicating your new polling place. If you did not receive one, or you just need to check again, you can do so online.
- Learn about what types of photo ID you can use for voting in Wisconsin.
- A recent court decision has a significant impact on how an absentee voter can return their completed absentee ballot: the use of absentee ballot drop boxes is prohibited and no one but the absentee voter is able to return their completed ballot.
- Voters can view a sample ballot for their address on the MyVote Wisconsin website.
- Volunteers are needed for Earth Day cleanup of neighborhood parks on April 23.
- Want to become a better recycler? Sustain Dane, in partnership with the City of Madison, is once again offering an opportunity to become a Master Recycler. The course begins April 7.
- The city is making progress on its Vision Zero initiative (to reduce traffic deaths to zero), but it's sadly not soon enough to save the life Alder Benford remembered in his recent update. Please, slow down out there.
- The Madison Children's Museum is open for spring break! There will be magicians, a dance party, and a knock-knock joke open mic.
- The next Chief of Madison's Fire Department has been announced. Congratulations to Chris Carbon on his selection! The Fire Department's Annual Report is also now available.
Email to a friend