Alder Regina Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Wear orange tomorrow, events and announcements
In general, I am a positive, optimistic person. It has been really, really challenging to uphold that persona lately. I am both deeply saddened by the incomprehensible lives lost to gun violence, and enraged at the people in positions of power who seem unmoved to do anything to protect people rather than the words of an over 200-year-old document. But it's hard to wax eloquent when faced with so much anger and sadness. Instead, I'll direct you to the words of my colleagues Alder Evers and Alder Currie, the poet Amanda Gorman, and these grim statistics about the state of our country's gun violence.
If you are so moved, I hope you will consider wearing orange and joining the walk and rally to end gun violence beginning at the Villager tomorrow, June 3 at 6pm, and ending at Penn Park.
Events & Announcements:
- It's Pride Month! Join in on the festivities beginning with the Trek Pride Ride on June 4 at 3pm starting at Breese Stevens Field. And don't forget all the other great Bike Week events.
- Madison Public Libraries are hosting a Teen Book Club, Pride Film Fest, Pride Prom, and more!
- Move for Boys and Girls Club registration is open. Kickoff coincides with Bike Week on June 8. In person group bike and run/walk event is July 16, McKee Farms Park.
- Friends of Madison Library BIG BOOK SALE takes place Saturday, June 4, 9am-4pm, rain or shine, at the Madison Public Library Service & Support Center at 1301 W. Badger Road.
- Universal Recycling Technologies (URT) is hosting a one-day electronics recycling event at Warner Park parking lot (2930 N. Sherman Ave.) on Saturday, June 4, 2022 from 8:00am to 1:00pm. Only certain electronics will be accepted. There will be no cost to drop off these select electronics during the event.
- Madison Public Library's We Read program begins June 10. Check out all of the Library's programming on their calendar.
- Madison Children's Museum SummerPalooza free admission event, June 11.
- Juneteenth Parade and Celebration, June 18. Parade begins at 11am at Fountain of Life Church, and ends at Penn Park.
- Make Music Madison is all around the City on June 21.
- The Glen Golf Park (formerly Glenway Golf course) opens July 1!
- The Madison Arts Commission (MAC) has selected four finalists to provide proposals for a public art project for the Metro Transit Maintenance Facility near the corner of E. Washington Avenue and S. Ingersoll Street. Each finalist has provided a 15-minute artist talk with information about past projects and their approach to public art. Please share your feedback by July 12.
Take care of yourselves and one another,
Email to a friend