Alder Regina Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Happy summer! Events & announcements
Summer is here, so it's Make Music Madison time! Enjoy concerts all around town tomorrow.
Also tomorrow is a day I've been waiting for: the launch of Madison's Guaranteed Income pilot program, the Madison Forward Fund. This evidence-based program will provide 155 eligible Madison families a $500/month stipend, no strings attached. Applications are open June 21-July 3. While a small program to start, this initiative has real potential to dramatically impact poverty in our community.
Events & Announcements
- Parks Alive is a collaborative effort across multiple City departments and involves many community-based stakeholders and mobile resources. This is a great opportunity to come out to local parks, build community, strengthen relationships, and have fun! Check out the City event calendar to see where Parks Alive is happening next.
- A Wild Rumpus will be held at Reindahl Park on Wednesdays June 22-July 20 from 5-7 pm, and at Meadowood Park on Wednesdays July 27-August 17.
- Home Buyers Round Table in collaboration with Consumer Credit Counseling Service will be hosting a FREE HUD-Approved Homebuyer Education Class on Saturday, June 25, 8am-3pm, at Villager Mall, 2300 S. Park Street, Atrium entrance. Registration is required by June 23.
- Madison Contemporary Dance will be holding the following public performances:
- The Garver Feed Mill: June 24, 7 pm
- River Front Park Monona: June 25, 6 pm
- Art Fair on the Square: Saturday, July 9, 3:30 pm
- Summer Concert Olin Park: Sunday, July 24, 5 pm
- River Front Park Monona: August 5, 6 pm
- Performance Battle Event Saturday, August 20, TBA
- The Garver Feed Mill: August 12, 7 pm
- The Garver Feed Mill: September 16, 7 pm
- Public tour of the Wingra School rain gardens, June 25, 2-4 pm. Start at Wingra School and Dudgeon School Park playground, at top of hill between Western and Gilmore (718 Gilmore St.).
- Election Matters 2022: Redistricting and the Voting Rights Act webinar, June 30, noon-1pm.
- Well 15 PFAS Treatment Project Public Information Meeting and Listening Session, June 30th, 6:30-8:00 pm at the East Madison Community Center, 8 Straubel Court.
- The EPA released new drinking water health advisories for PFAS last week.
- Mad Lit is back beginning July 1 on the 100 block of State Street. Mad Lit events will be held every other Friday through October 7.
- The Hillington Green music festival will begin at 6pm on July 3. Interested performers should contact Molly & Bryan Cooper.
- Maxwell Street Days will be held on State Street July 14-17.
- Madison Public Library, in partnership with Ho-Chunk Gaming Madison, is seeking a Native American Storyteller to facilitate programs during a two-month residency between October and December 2022. The goal is to highlight Native stories and culture, past and present. The selected individual will be compensated $2,700 plus a stipend for supplies. The application deadline is July 15.
Email to a friend