Alder Regina Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Congrats to Susan Millar, Road Updates, Meetings, Events & Announcements
What a pleasant surprise to see District 5 resident Susan Millar on the front page of today's Wisconsin State Journal! Susan has been tireless in her efforts to reduce her and the City's carbon footprint, and it's wonderful to see her work acknowledged in this way.
Don't forget that University Bay Drive is closed to vehicle AND pedestrian traffic this week. Also, note that several of the signs around West High designed to improve traffic flow during construction have been installed – please pay attention and obey the new signs.
- The city has developed a new investor outreach initiative aimed at attracting more investors to our municipal debt offerings. In advance of the City's September 6th debt sale, the City has launched a new, open-access investor relations website, which provides a single location for investors to access data and documents that outline credit features of the City's debt financing programs. The City has partnered with BondLink for this investor transparency effort. In addition to the City's Finance website, you may find this site of interest as a location for the City's financial reports, official debt offering statements, budget documents and other financial information.
- Are you a photographer? Want to have your work featured in the Madison Parks annual wall calendar? Then submit your work by Monday, September 5 to be considered for inclusion.
- You can review the Mayor's briefing on public safety, held on August 17, at your leisure.
Meetings of interest
- The Draft 2023-2027 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for the Madison Metropolitan Area & Dane County is now available for review and comment. The TIP lists major transportation improvements and studies anticipated to be undertaken during the next five-year period. There will be a virtual public hearing on Wednesday, September 5 at 6:30 p.m. The public will have the opportunity to provide oral comments to the board.
- The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) invites you to attend a meeting to discuss the I-39/90/94 Corridor Study. The study team will provide a study overview, and share a presentation. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions of the project team. The meeting will be held Tuesday, September 13, 2022 from 1 to 2:30 pm at the WisDOT SW Region Office, 2101 Wright St. You may also join online, or via telephone at (608) 571-2209, and enter conference ID 226 219 33#.
- Barre3 is coming back to the Glen Golf Park on Tuesday, August 23 at 7pm. The event is free, but donations are suggested. Register in advance!
- Orton Park Festival is happening August 25-28. This free event features local, regional, and national music, food and fun.
- Join the Friends of Hoyt Park for an acoustic bat survey on Friday, August 26th at 8:15 pm by the Hoyt Park main parking lot kiosk. This is a family friendly event so bring the kids!
- MadLit returns to the top of State Street on Friday, August 26 with a DJ block party from 8-11:30pm.
- Movies with Madison Parks presents Encanto at Lisa Link Peace Park, 452 State Street, on Saturday, August 27, at 7:45pm. Find more information about this free event here, and be sure to check out the Parks Division Event Calendar for more fun activities in parks around Madison.
- Dane Dances! is a family friendly event on the stunning Monona Terrace rooftop EVERY FRIDAY EVENING IN AUGUST. The much-anticipated summer music series is a great way to get down and dance with your friends, coworkers, or family. Feel free to bring a blanket, chair and picnic basket; seating on the rooftop is limited. Dane Dances! promotes inclusivity with a fun night of music and dancing to music and bands for all ages.
Email to a friend