Alder Regina Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Homecoming for West and UW, Public Information Meetings, Events and Announcements
It's homecoming time!
West Regents will hold their homecoming parade on Friday, October 7. Streets around the school will be blocked off from 11:45am-3pm.
UW Homecoming is the weekend of October 17-22. The parade will take place Friday, October 21, from 6-7:30pm. Fireworks will be shot off by Memorial Union starting that day around 8:45pm, lasting approximately 15 minutes.
Upcoming Public Information Meetings:
- Thursday, October 13, 6-7:30pm – Well 19 treatment plan update. 3020 Lake Mendota Drive.
- Thursday, October 20, 6pm – S. Owen Drive reconstruction (2023). Please register in advance for this online meeting.
- Monday, October 24, 6pm – Near West Watershed study. Please register in advance for this online meeting.
- Wednesday, November 9, 6:30pm – Board of Parks Commissioners consideration of changing Forest Hill Cemetery from a "dog friendly" park to a "dog free" park. Location to be announced. Please submit comments on this topic directly to PACommission@CityOfMadison.com by November 4.
- Friday, October 7, 7-9:30pm – Moon Over Monona Terrace. Twenty telescopes will be available to view the moon, Jupiter and Saturn.
- Sunday, October 9, 12-2pm – Fire Truck Parade and other family events.
- Monday, October 10, 9am-7pm - Tee Pee at the Capital. Ceremony and Presentation by Native activist Art Shegonee, Native Flute by Jacquie Caravello.
- Monday, October 10, 3-4:30pm – American Indian Studies 50th Anniversary Celebration, Wisconsin Discovery Building, 330 N. Orchard St.
- Tuesday, October 11, 7pm - Why Diversity Matters! Celebrating the Tapestry of Humanity: Ancient Wisdom Calling for an Interconnected Future! First Unitarian Society, 900 University Bay Drive.
- Wednesday, October 12, 8-9am - Willow Creek Landscape Master Plan update. Hybrid event at the Edgewater Hotel – Mendota Ballroom 3, and online.
- Wednesday, October 12, 5-6:30pm – Meet & Greet with District 11 County Supervisor, Richelle Andrae and County staff from the Land & Water Resources Department to discuss lake levels and water quality management. Meet at Four Corners Park in Shorewood Hills (corner of Edgehill Drive and Blackhawk Drive).
- Thursday, October 13, 4-5:30pm – The Urban League of Madison presents Legal 101 for Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs. Please register in advance for this online event.
- Thursday, October 13, 7-8:30pm – Teaching the Truth about School Board Takeovers – panel discussion (Implications for our Teachers, Students and Community and What We Can Do About It). Please register in advance to attend online.
- October 13 – 16- Wisconsin Book Festival.
- Saturday, October 22, 8am – Free Homebuyer Education Class. Villager Mall on Park Street, Atrium entrance, 2300 S. Park Street.
- Tuesday, November 8, 8am-2pm – Give blood on election day! Madison Municipal Building, 215 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.
- Sunday, November 13 – Madison Marathon, half-marathon, and 10K races starting and finishing on the Capital Square.
- It's Walk-Tober! Enjoy the crisp fall air as you walk, roll, or wheel your way around your neighborhood and city.
- The Clean Lakes Alliance reminds you to Rake for our Lakes this fall.
- Dane Core rental assistance has re-opened with updated requirements.
- Volunteers sought for Urban League of Greater Madison's Reclaim Your Vote campaign. Volunteers are sought for canvassing, phone and text banking, and driving voters to the polls.
- Nominations for the Jeffrey Clay Erlanger Civility in Public Discourse Award are due by October 31.
Email to a friend