Alder Regina Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Homecoming, BRT, Redistricting, Streets, and Events
This weekend is Badger Homecoming Weekend. Please be aware of the following:
- Langdon Street and surrounding streets will start to close at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 29 for the UW Homecoming Parade.
- Langdon Street between North Lake Street and Wisconsin Avenue will close first to be used as a staging area. The parade will start at 5:30 p.m. and use the route of Langdon Street to Wisconsin Avenue to West Gilman Street to State Street to North Lake Street.
- Fireworks will be visible from the Memorial Union from 8:45-9:00pm on Friday, October 29.
- The football game starts at 11am Saturday, with a flyover of A-10 planes at the start of the game.
City staff will be discussing the Downtown BRT line and station locations at a public information meeting TONIGHT at 6:00 p.m. You can also view recordings of past meetings:
- October 7th - 30% Eastside East-West Line Routes & Stations
- October 14th – 30% Westside East-West Line Route & Stations
Our former Alder, Eve Galanter, has done a brilliant job of describing the City's redistricting process with City staff member, Ben Zellers, on the City Channel website. The maps will come before the City Council on Tuesday, November 2. Please feel free to weigh in via email or public comment.
Please consider responding to the Music and Tourism Survey. This survey aims to take a pulse on how people view our current music ecosystem and share ideas on how to improve it. The survey will take 5 minutes and if you share your contact information you will be entered into a drawing for $50. Your name will only be entered once.
- The 2022 trash & recycling collection calendar is now available. Get yours today at www.cityofmadison.com/CollectionSchedule. Enter your address into the form. A new tab will open in your web browser. Scroll down to see next year's schedule.
- Leaf and yard waste collection for the fall is underway. Learn when you should set out your leaves and yard waste so they are picked up by visiting www.cityofmadison.com/YardWaste
- Drop-off site hours change seasonally, so be sure you know when the sites are open before loading your car. Learn the rules for the sites and the hours when they are open at www.cityofmadison.com/DropOffSites
- Remember that large item collection is different. You need to submit a work order before you set the items out for pickup, and remember not to set the items out too early. Wait until the set-out date you chose or the day before the set-out date. Placing items out too early clutters the neighborhood. To submit your work order to get on the large item pickup schedule go to www.cityofmadison.com/LargeItemWorkOrder
- Winter is around the corner. Be sure to sign up for parking alerts, snow plow update emails, and learn about how to salt your sidewalks and driveways correctly at www.cityofmadison.com/Winter.
- Starting at 2am on Tuesday, November 2, the southbound Interstate 39/90 ramp to westbound US 12/18 (Beltline) in Madison will be closed to all traffic until 5am on Wednesday, November 3. In addition, significant backups are expected along I-39/90 southbound as the Interstate will be reduced to two lanes for 4 miles between the I-94 and Beltline interchanges. During the 27-hour ramp closure, motorists must use alternate routes via US 51/Stoughton Road to access US 12/18 (Beltline). You can register for weekly email construction updates on the I-39/90 Project website or follow the project on Facebook. All work activities, lane and ramp closures are weather dependent and subject to change.
FEED Kitchens is a non-profit community resource that provides services and leads projects that benefit many local workers and families. Projects include a Bakery Training Program, and Healthy Food For All. FEED Kitchens is fundraising for a new vehicle to help them be successful in their growth.
Madison Bach Musicians will return to in-person concerts this weekend at the Holy Wisdom Monastery, Saturday, Oct. 30, at 7:15 pm, and Sunday, Oct. 31, at 2:15 pm. You also have the option of attending the concert via livestream and/or via concert rebroadcast through November 14.
Wishing you all a safe and happy Halloween!
Email to a friend