Alder Regina Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Vision Zero Town Hall, Road Updates, Events & Announcements
My colleague, Alder Tishler (District 11), is hosting a Town Hall at the Sequoya Library on Wednesday August 17 at 7pm to discuss Madison's Vision Zero initiative, which is designed to eliminate traffic deaths and serious injury. If you are interested in traffic safety, I encourage you to attend!
- Gardens and Cocktails – Tuesday, August 16, 4:30-6pm, Monona Terrace Gardens. With more than 4,000 plants on display, our William T. Evjue Rooftop Gardens cover over 68,000 square feet and include plantings of both native and non-native grasses and perennials selected for their beauty, resilience, and ecological function. Garden tour and presentation begins at 4:30. Cash bar open 4-6pm.
- Black Girl Interrupted with Lilada Gee – Tuesday, August 16, 7pm. Join Nehemia to hear directly from Rev. Lilada Gee about what it means for Black women and girls to have their work, art, and identities questioned and disrupted. These are the unique challenges and barriers that Black women and girls face every day and still keep pushing through to demonstrate their excellence.
- Independent Police Monitor candidate forum – Thursday, August 18, 5pm. The finalists for the Independent Police Monitor position will be introduced at a virtual event. The candidates will have an opportunity to answer questions from members of the Police Civilian Oversight Board. Opportunities for members of the public to provide feedback on the candidates will be posted on the Office of Independent Monitor website as they become available after the event.
- Friends of Hoyt Part work day – Saturday, August 20, 10am-noon. Please join the crew cleaning out the historic stone fireplaces. Bring work gloves and dress for the weather. Light refreshments provided.
- It's Madison Black Restaurant Week! Celebrate the flavors of African American, African, and Caribbean cuisine while you discover Black-owned restaurants and culinary businesses in the Madison area. Finish the week by joining the Food Taste Jamboree on August 22 from 2-5pm at FEED Kitchens.
- MOSES Madison is having their annual rummage sale on Friday, August 26 from 9am-5pm, and Saturday, August 27 from 8am-1:30pm at St. Dunstan's Episopal Church, 6205 University Ave. Donations and volunteers are still needed! Contact Bonnie Magnuson to arrange drop offs at the church or sign up for volunteer shifts.
- Don't forget the detours for Marshall Court this week, and University Bay Drive next week as the railroad tracks are replaced.
- Observatory Drive is closed from Easterday to Colwood Drive this week.
- John Nolen Drive will see a section of roadway, from North Shore Drive to East Lakeside Street, reduced to 35 mph from 45 mph as part of the 2022 roadway improvements for the Vision Zero Initiative. Learn more here, including the additional streets scheduled for speed limit reductions in 2022.
- Wisconsin & Southern Railroad will replace the North Shore Drive railroad track crossing adjacent to John Nolen Drive. North Shore Drive will be closed between S Bedford St and John Nolen Dr, starting 4:00 a.m. on Friday, August 26 through Monday August 29. From 5pm Monday August 29 to 5pm Thursday September 1 Eastbound North Shore Dr will be reduced to one lane. Bike path users will be detoured to right lane of North Shore Drive. Drivers should expect extra traffic congestion and delays on John Nolen Drive during this period.
- Metro Transit's supplemental school bus schedules for 2022-23 are now available online. Plan your student's bus trip to/from school on Google Maps or call us at 608-266-4466 for help.
- The City of Madison is accepting proposals seeking a consultant to update the Community Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness. The community seeks a plan that reflects the present homeless situation and identifies appropriate goals and priorities along with mechanisms for their implementation and accountability. Applications are due to email@example.com by 12:00pm (noon) CST on September 15, 2022.
Email to a friend