Alder Regina Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
VOTE, metro redesign, dogs in parks, events and announcements
Unbeknownst to me, my day job contact information was printed in the Regent Neighborhood Association newsletter. Please do not use that information to contact me regarding City business. If you need to contact me, please send email (preferred) to District5@CityofMadison.com or call (608) 616-0669.
All early voting opportunities have closed. If you have filled out an absentee ballot and have not yet returned it, you may return it to the Clerk's office on Monday, or to your polling place on Tuesday. Alternatively, you may leave your absentee ballot at home, and vote on Election Day. Check myvote.wi.gov for your polling place.
Upcoming meetings of interest:
- Metro service redesign: Metro is holding one last virtual public hearing on Wednesday, November 9, at 6pm to discuss final details related to the June 2023 service redesign. Items to be reviewed are:
A number of these items have also been translated into alternate languages and are available here.
- Board of Park Commissioners: November 9, 6:30pm, Goodman Maintenance Facility, 1402 Wingra Creek Parkway. Items to be reviewed include:
- Glenway Woods Planning Process
- Dog Park Designation Status Update
- Dane County Noise Mitigation plan open house: November 14, 6-8pm, Dane County Airport. This study is being undertaken in preparation for the arrival of F-35s at the airport to understand what mitigation measures might need to be taken to account for existing and forecasted noise exposure.
- Full Moon Owl Walk: November 7, 6pm, Hoyt Park Main Shelter. There will be a brief introduction about Hoyt Park owls, followed by a guided walk. Children who can be quiet to listen for the owls are welcome!
- Lake Monona Waterfront Design Challenge: You are invited to attend the public event series for the Lake Monona Waterfront Design Challenge hosted by Madison Parks. The event series is an opportunity to learn more about the design challenge, the selected teams, their progress in plan development, and the final master plan proposals.
- Design Challenge Check-In, Monday, November 7, 2022 @ 6:00 pm
Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center, Lecture Hall, 1 John Nolen Drive. Design teams will virtually present initial thoughts and concepts in developing a master plan vision for the Lake Monona Waterfront.
- Design Challenge Check-In, Monday, November 7, 2022 @ 6:00 pm
- Salute to Black veterans: A Salute to Black Veterans program is being held Wednesday, November 9, 12pm-2pm at the Radisson Hotel, 517 Grand Canyon Drive. Pre-registration is required. Vets can either email email@example.com or call 608-512-0000, ext. 3002 to register. The program includes a free luncheon honoring all branches of the military. Limited transportation is available upon request. Reservations will be accepted until noon on November 8.
- Fair housing training seminar: The Fair Housing Center of Greater Madison is offering a free, online fair housing training seminar for owners and managers of rental properties, or staff operating residential programs, in Madison on Wednesday, November 9, 6pm-7:30pm. The seminar will include information about the protected classes and prohibited practices delineated by local, state and federal fair housing laws, as well as emerging issues such as sexual harassment and hate incidents in housing situations. To register, visit https://tinyurl.com/MadisonFairHousing or call 608-257-0853. If you need materials in alternate formats or other accommodations to access our services, please call 608-257-0853.
- COVID vaccination clinic: A free COVID vaccination clinic will be held at Community Development Authority West, Romnes Apartments (540 W. Olin Avenue), on Thursday, November 10, from 12:30pm-4:30pm. No appointment is needed. Pfizer, Moderna and Novavax will be offered. Available to everyone 6 months and older. All are welcome! If you have any questions, please contact:
- Homebuyer education class: The City of Madison, in partnership with the Home Buyers Round Table of Dane County and Consumer Credit Counseling Service, is offering free, HUD-approved homebuyer education classes. Learn more about what it takes to buy your first home, securing a mortgage, and down payment assistance programs. Hear from content experts like realtors, lenders, insurance agents, home inspectors, and housing counselors. The next class is Saturday, November 12, 8:30am-3:30pm, at Villager Mall on Park Street, 2300 S. Park Street, Atrium entrance. Register here. Questions? Contact Maria Davila-Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-266-6557.
- Madison Marathon: November 13, 7am.
- WIAA State Football Tournament: November 17-18, Camp Randall stadium.
- Friends of Hoyt Park volunteer day: November 19, 10am. Meet in the parking lot and help spread native seeds in the park. This will be the last workday until March 18, 2023.
- Sunset Village Community Association sponsored blood drive: December 1, 12-5pm, Sequoya Library.
- Keep up with all the interesting events happening in and around Madison by checking out the Destination Madison events calendar!
- Transportation Demand Management Ordinance: On November 1, a proposed Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Ordinance was introduced to the Common Council. TDM focuses on shifting travel to sustainable transportation options such as transit, rideshare, biking, and walking. The TDM website provides a summary of the program and objectives. A brief description of the TDM program can be seen at 1:33 into the video of the August 15 TPPB meeting.
- Streets Division updates:
- Fall yard waste collection is in the home stretch. You only have one or two chances for curbside yard waste pickup yet this fall. Don't miss out! Get the dates when you should put yard waste out for your home at www.cityofmadison.com/YardWaste
- Drop-off sites hours and locations will be changing at the end of November. Before loading your vehicle, be sure you are aware of the hours of where you are going to take yard waste, electronics, and other items. The drop-off site website is www.cityofmadison.com/DropOffSites
- Alternate side parking restrictions start on November 15. Get all of your winter information needs, including parking info, at www.cityofmadison.com/Winter
- If you haven't downloaded your trash & recycling calendar for 2023 yet it is available at www.cityofmadison.com/CollectionSchedule.
- Community Facilities Loan program: A new City of Madison funding program aimed at helping non-profits strengthen and vitalize City neighborhoods is underway. The Community Facilities Loan (CFL) program, administered by the City's Community Development Division, provides low-cost financing for non-residential developments undertaken by non-profit organizations to acquire or improve properties that will serve the public.
Email to a friend