Alder Regina Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
West area plans, Mayoral forums, get your absentee ballots, events and announcements
The City is kicking off a new planning process for the West area of the City, which roughly runs from Hilldale to West Towne, and the Beltline to Lake Mendota, as well as the Northeast area, which covers the area surrounding the Dane County Municipal Airport.
There will be multiple public meetings on the West Plan:
- Monday February 6, 12pm, virtual
- Thursday, February 9, 6pm, in person at Vel Phillips Memorial High School, 201 S. Gammon Rd.
- Monday, February 13, 6pm, virtual
Regardless of whether you can attend these meetings, you can provide your feedback on the interactive map.
The West Campus District Plan is also underway. You can submit your feedback on this storymap.
- Lake Monona Waterfront Design Competition Master Plan Presentations – January 26, 6pm, Madison Central Library, Rooms 301-302. The event will also be livestreamed.
- Winter Prom 2023: Get your tickets today for Winter Prom 2023 on Saturday, January 28, 6-8pm at Warner Park Recreational Center. This event is perfect for kids aged 13 & younger with an accompanying adult.
- Mayoral Forums:
- Public hearing on the use of American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 funds, February 2, 5:30pm. This public hearing will center on HOME Investment Partnerships American Rescue Plan (HOME-ARP) funds allocated to the City by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The City proposes to use its allocation of HOME-ARP funds on the development of affordable supportive housing. View the Draft Action Plan; register to speak; watch the meeting.
- This week is Salt Awareness week. Learn how you can reduce environmental salt use and its impacts on our lakes and streams.
- South Madison Tax Incremental Financing District (TID) to be introduced this Friday, January 27.
- Get your voting muscles ready by helping name our City snowplows! Voting ends February 3.
- The spring primary will be held February 21. You can request your absentee ballots now.
- The 2023 Neighborhood Grant Program is Open! Applications are due February 20 by 4:30 p.m.
- Madison's SEED grants, designed to improve local food systems and make food more accessible, are open for competition. Application deadline: Monday, February 27, 5pm.
- Residents along the SW bike path should have received letters regarding any encroachments near the path that will need to be removed. Please direct any questions to SWpath@CityofMadison.com
- Your 2023 trash and recycling calendar is available.
- Arts Grants Applications Open in February! The Madison Arts Commission's annual grant program provides funding to support the arts across our community. Applications will be due March 15, 2023 and will be posted to our website in February. A virtual grant writing workshop will be held in mid-February and will be recorded and made available on our website.
- City Engineering Department launches hands-on workforce training program. Apply today!
- The (very long) list of proposed traffic safety improvements is available. Several areas within our district are in the design phase for improvements to come!
- The walkway east of the Hoyt School building/Capital High is closed for the winter due to unsafe conditions. The walkway will open on weekends as possible in the spring.
Email to a friend