Metro construction public information Tuesday, Events and announcements
It seems we’re not quite out of winter yet, so please, keep your sidewalks clear of snow and ice, and remember to sweep up and properly dispose of any excess salt that remains once your sidewalk is dry.
Please note there are multiple road closures happening in relation to the implementation of the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system. These include:
- Sheboygan Avenue, March 13-mid-July
- N. Few & E. Washington, about one month
- N. Dickenson & E. Washington, about one month
- March 14, 5-7pm: Leopold-Arbor Hills NRT Community Meal, Aldo Leopold Elementary School, 2602 Post Road. First, enjoy a high energy WERQ out with dance music at 5:15 p.m. in the gym and resource fair in the cafeteria, followed by a meal with neighbors in the cafeteria at 6:00 p.m.
- March 16-18: WIAA Boys State Basketball Tournament, Kohl Center.
- March 19, 1: 30-3pm: Learn about Maple Syrup with Alex Singer - learn how to properly tap a maple tree, taste maple syrup, and go on a walk to see what maple trees look like and to determine the best time to tap them. Advanced registration is requested and may be done online or by calling (608) 266-4711. All ages are welcome and participants do not need to bring anything. Meet at the colorful shelter at Warner Park.
- Now-March 26: Olbrich Gardens Spring Flower Show. Plants available for purchase March 27, 12-4pm. Note: the Bolz Conservatory is closed March 6-17 for maintenance.
- March 27, 6pm: Warner Park Community Recreation Center Expansion Public Meeting. Please register in advance.
- March 29, 6-7pm: Northeast Area Plan Open House, Madison College, Truax Main Building Rm D1630, 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704.
- April 13-20: Wisconsin State Film Festival, Hilldale Mall (former AMC cinema).
- Street Closure--Atwood Avenue: Atwood Avenue is closed to southbound traffic between Oakridge Avenue and Cottage Grove Road for street reconstruction between Fair Oaks Avenue and Cottage Grove Road. This project will complete by November.
- Arts Grants Apps Due March 15: The Madison Arts Commission’s annual grant program provides funding to support the arts across our community. Applications and guidelines are on the City’s webpage.
- City of Madison 2023 Utility Box Art Program Call for Entries: Thanks to positive public reaction to the Utility Box Art Program, the City of Madison is continuing the program this year, looking for more great works of art to display across the City in 2023. Application deadline: April 6.
- Draft Hawthorne Truax Neighborhood Plan: The Community Development Block Grant Committee, Transportation Policy and Planning Board, Board of Park Commissioners, and Community Development Authority have approved the Draft Hawthorne-Truax Neighborhood Plan. The Plan Commission will review the plan on March 13, followed by the Common Council on March 21.
- Call for Community Partners/Navigators for the Northeast and West Area Plans has been extended to March 20: Interested in helping neighborhood residents participate in the Northeast or West Area planning process? The City of Madison is funding 4-5 Community Partner/Navigator positions that will conduct outreach to current residents, property owners, business owners, and other stakeholders, with a particular emphasis on low and moderate-income communities.
- Check out anything you may have missed during last week’s Women in Construction week! National Women in Construction Week is a great opportunity to elevate the work of women as we continue to work toward a more equitable workforce, especially in Engineering.
- City Enacts New Development Bonus for Affordable Housing Downtown
- Madison Common Council Unanimously Adopts New Building Energy Savings Program
- Agreement Finalized on Grocery Store in South Madison