Alder Brian Benford
Home Address:2722 Center Ave
- Phone: (608) 571-2406
- Contact Alder Brian Benford
- Contact Council
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Benford’s Updates
Week of January 9th
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of January 9th, 2023
Police and Fire Commission: The Police and Fire Commission meets virtually on Monday, January 9, 2023 at 5:30 PM. Items on the agenda include status updates regarding hiring/recruitment from MFD and MPD.
City-County Homeless Issues Committee: The City-County Homeless Issues Committee meets virtually on January 9, 2023, at 5:30 PM. Items on the agenda include a presentation on regional housing strategy & affordable housing options outside the City of Madison and an update on the men's shelter development.
Common Council Executive Committee: The Common Council Executive Committee meets virtually on Wednesday, January 11, 2023, at 5:30 PM. Items on the agenda include interviews of Alder District 12 candidates.
Transit-Oriented Development Overlay Zoning District Meeting: The Planning Division will be hosting a virtual public meeting on Transit-Oriented Development Overlay Zoning on Thursday, January 12th at 6pm. Advanced signup is required.
Public Information Meeting - Maple Prairie Park 01/12/2023 Virtual – Zoom
WPCRC Family Fun Night | January 13 01/13/2023 Warner Park Community Recreation Center
- Common Council Unanimously Passes Elected and Appointed Official Code of Ethical Conduct
- Frank Jonczyk, Crew Leader at 'Bucky's House,' Retires From MFD
- United Nations affiliated global NGO Together for Safer Roads recognized Madison with its Fleet Advocacy Award at TSR's international Annual Stakeholders Meeting in New York City, primarily for the work of Madison Vision Zero launched in 2020, which has already saved lives.
- City of Madison's Vision Zero Newsletter - First Issue of 2023 has arrived!
- Snow Equipment Name Suggestions Window Closes Next Week
- Statement of Mayor Rhodes-Conway Regarding Council Approval of Madison's Complete Green Streets Policy
- Interested in beautifying your neighborhood? The 2023 Neighborhood Grant Program is Now Open! Applications are due February 20.
- How to Have Your Christmas Tree Collected – set out by January 17.
- 5 Easy Ways to Use Less Salt
- Clerk's Office Counter is Closed and will be unable to provide in-person services on Friday, January 13, and on Tuesday, January 17, as the office moves from the City-County Building to the Madison Municipal Building.
Non-City Related Event Highlights for the Week of January 9th, 2023
Groove & Glide: Friday, January, 13, 2023, 6-8pm at Westmorland Park, no skate rentals, a limited number of loaner skates available.
Candlelit Snowshoe Hike: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 4:30pm to 7:30pm at Aldo Leopold Nature Center.
Learn to Play Hockey with Madison Capitols: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 9-11am at Tenney Park Ice Rink.
Madison-Dane County MLK Day observance: Monday, January 16, 2023, beginning at 5:15pm
Greater Madison Music City (GMMC) report is available on the Madison Arts website
Email to a friend