Alder Nasra Wehelie
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Wehelie’s Updates
Redistricting, South Madison Plan, Walk-tober, Streets Division Updates, and BCycle Community Pass Program
Redistricting 2021 - The redrawing of the City of Madison's wards and alder districts is happening now! Please provide feedback on draft maps at a library near you from September 20-26th. Watch the recordings of the September 22 Redistricting Informational Meetings here (noon meeting) and here (6pm meeting).
South Madison Plan - The City of Madison will be introducing to the Common Council in the coming months the complete draft of the South Madison Plan. Before that happens, we would like to invite everyone from the South Madison to share their input and help the City complete the vision for the area. There will be two online engagement meetings and one in-person conversation with a free community meal. You only need to attend one meeting that works best for your schedule.
- Complete Draft Discussion Community Meal at Penn Park Shelter on Thursday September 30 from 4pm - 6pm
- Complete Draft Discussion Virtual Meeting #1: Wednesday, September 29th | 12-1PM | Register here: qrgo.page.link/ZnmMN
- Complete Draft Discussion Virtual Meeting #2: Wednesday, September 29th | 6:00-7:30PM |Register here: qrgo.page.link/seUnS
Walk-tober - October is a great month for walking! Walk to work, walk to the store, walk to school, or just walk for fun. Walk-tober includes ideas for nature walks, library walks, walks to school and more. Visit the Traffic Engineering webpage to learn more: Walk-tober This webpage will be updated soon with 2021 information.
Streets Division Updates
- Yard waste collection schedules for this fall are now available at www.cityofmadison.com/yardwaste.
- The annual Rain Reserve compost bin sale will be happening again this year at Garver Feed Mill. Learn more about this at the Streets Division's website.
- Brush collection is wrapping up for 2021, so check the brush schedule before setting out your brush.
- And as always, be sure you are recycling the right stuff the right way. And never place batteries in your recycling cart.
Madison BCycle Launches Community Pass Program - Library card holders can check out one of the available Madison BCycle passes from any Madison Public Library location. The passes can be checked out for up to a week at a time and provide access to over 300 electric-assist bikes at more than 50 BCycle stations. Riders also have the option to check out a helmet as needed. To learn more, email Helen Bradley, Madison BCycle, at email@example.com
Email to a friend