Alder Nasra Wehelie
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Wehelie’s Updates
Highlights for the Week of April 18, Westside Community Conversation: April 27
Highlights for the Week of April 18, 2022
- Madison College's 2022 Annual Spring Pow Wow will be held on Saturday, April 23, at Redsten Gym, 1701 Wright Street. Doors open at 11am, and Grand Entries will be at 1pm and 7pm. Find more information here.
- Join Dane County staff, City staff and elected officials on Thursday, April 21, from 6:30pm-8:00pm for an opportunity to share your comments and questions about Dane County's proposal for a Sustainability Campus on a portion of the Yahara Hills Golf Course, located just to the south of the existing landfill at 6701 US Hwy 12/18. The virtual public outreach meeting will be held at the Village of McFarland Municipal Center located at 5915 Milwaukee St, McFarland. Register for the meeting here. Prior to the meeting, you can submit questions by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the Sustainability Campus proposal can be found here.
- Madison Print & Resist Zine Fest is a day-long festival of political print media, zines, experimental publications, and prints related to the world of art, do-it-yourself culture, and political action. This year's fest takes place at the Central Library, 201 W. Mifflin St. on Saturday, April 16 from 11 am to 4 pm. Learn more here.
- Monona Terrace is excited to announce its free summer Concerts on the Rooftop series is back with an exciting line up of local and regional artists for its 25th Anniversary! The public is invited to enjoy great music, a family-friendly setting, and gorgeous views of Lake Monona and downtown Madison. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with America's Pub Quiz hosted trivia from 6pm-7pm. Concerts are from 7pm-9pm. Find concert dates and artist line-ups here. Free tickets are available at www.mononaterrace.com/concerts.
- On April 14, Dane County Health Council and The Foundation for Black Women's Wellness announced a major step forward in local efforts to improve health outcomes for Black women, birthing persons and babies. Learn more about the care coordination system centered on Black women and birthing persons to reduce Black infant mortality here.
- Madison Parks and Madison School & Community Recreation (MSCR) are partnering to offer preschool, youth and adult aquatics programs this summer at the Goodman Pool, 325 W. Olin Avenue. Learn more here.
Westside Community Conversation: April 27, 2022
You are invited to a virtual Westside Community Conversation on Wednesday, April 27, 2022, at 6:30pm. This is the sixth in a series of Westside Community Conversations. The topic is "Metro Transit Network Redesign Draft Service Plan."
You can join the virtual event using your computer, smartphone, or tablet, or you can listen in via telephone. You will receive login information after registering at www.cityofmadison.com/MeetingApril27Westside. The meeting will be recorded.
View the draft Transit Network Redesign Plan, maps, and additional materials at www.cityofmadison.com/MeetingApril27Event.
Please email any questions or comments about the network redesign to MetroRedesign@cityofmadison.com.
View recordings of the previous Westside Community Conversations:
- September 30, 2021, which featured Madison Police Chief Shon Barnes and Dane County Sheriff Kalvin Barrett.
- October 14, 2021, which featured an overview and discussion of the 2022 Executive Budget.
- November 18, 2021, which featured an overview and discussion of the juvenile justice system.
- December 8, 2021, which featured a presentation on CARES: Community Alternative Response Emergency Services
- February 24, 2022, which featured a presentation on Redistricting in the City of Madison
Email to a friend