Alder Nasra Wehelie
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Wehelie’s Updates
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of June 20, 2022
Administrative offices are closed on Monday, June 20, for Juneteenth. Emergency services will be open; please call 911.
- Emergency water issue: Call Madison Water Utility, 608-266-4665, 24/7.
- Sanitary sewer backup: Call 608-266-4430. An emergency crew will respond to your call.
- Report a Problem: Report non-emergencies that can wait until the next City working day.
Streets Division drop-off sites will be closed on Sunday, June 19, and Monday, June 20, in observance of the Juneteenth holiday. Residents planning on using the Olin Avenue drop-off site on Saturday, June 18, should be prepared for large vehicle traffic, dust, noise, and potential delays. You may want to choose either the Sycamore Avenue or South Point Road drop-off sites. On Monday, June 20, there will be no recycling, trash or other curbside collections performed by the Streets Division. Madison residents who normally have their trash and recycling collected on Mondays by the Streets Division should instead place their scheduled cart(s) to the curb for pickup by 6:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 21. More information can be found here.
Metro Transit will operate standard service on Juneteenth, Sunday, June 19, and on the observed holiday of Monday, June 20, with the exception of Route 80 and 84 UW Campus service. More information can be found here.
- The Common Council will meet virtually at 6:30pm on Tuesday, June 21.
- For information about additional City meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City Meeting schedule.
- Parks Alive is a collaborative effort across multiple City departments and involves many community-based stakeholders and mobile resources. This is a great opportunity to come out to local parks, build community, strengthen relationships, and have fun! Click on the following parks to see dates, times and activities for:
- Make Music Madison, an event about bringing our community together to celebrate the power of live music, happens on June 21. More details and event listings can be found here.
- Are you or someone you know looking for a career in the manufacturing or transportation industry? Connect with leading companies that are hiring at the Latino Academy of Workforce Development's free career fair on Wednesday, June 22, 3pm-7pm, at Elver Park. Interested participants can pre-register here (not required for entrance at the career fair). Participants that pre-register and attend the career fair will be eligible to participate in a raffle for a $100 gift card.
- Home Buyers Round Table in collaboration with Consumer Credit Counseling Service will be hosting a FREE HUD-Approved Homebuyer Education Class on Saturday, June 25, 8am-3pm, at Villager Mall, 2300 S. Park Street, Atrium entrance. Registration is required by June 23. Register by clicking here or going to tinyurl.com/3a87ptn9. For questions regarding this class, contact Consumer Credit Counseling Service at 800-350-2227 and tell them that you have signed up for the Dane County Home Buyer Education Class.
- Madison Public Library, in partnership with Ho-Chunk Gaming Madison, is seeking a Native American Storyteller to facilitate programs during a two-month residency between October and December 2022. The goal is to highlight Native stories and culture, past and present. The selected individual will be compensated $2,700 plus a stipend for supplies. Learn more here.
- The Streets and Urban Forestry Division have been hard at work cleaning up from the recent severe storm. An update on the clean-up operations and directions for residents on what to expect for brush collection from the curb can be found here and here.
- Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway is collaborating with Mayors for a Guaranteed Income to give 155 randomly chosen eligible Madison families an unconditional cash gift: no strings attached. The families that are chosen to participate will receive $500 dollars a month for 12 months to use however they see fit. Application is open June 21-July 3. Interested in applying, finding out if you're eligible, or learning more? Visit the Madison Forward Fund website or contact Blake Roberts Crass, MFF Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-515-8047.
Email to a friend