Alder Nasra Wehelie
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Wehelie’s Updates
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of November 21, 2022
- The Common Council will meet in hybrid format at 6:30pm on Tuesday, November 22nd.
- The Community Development Authority will meet to discuss updates on the Triangle Redevelopment Project at 4:30 PM on Monday, November 21st.
- The Community Services Committee will meet to discuss and finalize Funding Recommendations for Youth, Young Adult, and Adult Employment RFP at 6:00 PM on Monday, November 21st.
- Madison Night Market WINTER MARKET: The Madison Night Market will include 40 vendors showcasing handmade products, local art, artisan gifts, and prepackaged foods. Retailers and restaurants in the area will feature warm drinks and delicious food. www.madisonnightmarket.com.
- November 25, 26 & 27 - Holiday Open House
In-store promotions, specials, and offers as well as special events, shopping trolley and carolers
- Includes start of Holiday Market Bag giveaway
- Holiday Shopping Trolley RETURNS!
- November 25 – While Supplies Last - Downtown Madison Holiday Market Bag
1,000 Gift Bags for Downtown Holiday Shopping trolley riders and visitors to the Downtown Madison Visitor Center. Traditionally more than 20 businesses add items to the bags.
SPECIAL ACTIVITES & EVENTS
- Community planter displays
- Coordinated planting beds
- Special lighted areas
- An outdoor market on State Street
- Local caroling groups visit on Saturdays
- Holiday Open House special offers and events
- Shopping Trolley returns during Holiday Open House
- Lights on trees on King Street
- Musicians everywhere
- Lobby displays
- Restaurant specials
- Decorated windows
- HEMAD kick-off on Monday, Nov. 21 at 1 p.m.: We need your help in joining the HEMAD (Human trafficking Educators working with Men and boys to stand Against the Demand) program. HEMAD asks men to take a public stand against human trafficking and the commercial sexual exploitation of adults and children – a crime that is found in every county and every community in Wisconsin. MADrep CEO Jason Fields invites you to join us for the HEMAD kick-off on Monday, Nov. 21 at 1 p.m. in the Madison Room at the Madison Public Library, 201 W. Mifflin Street in downtown Madison. Following the launch, please share the link to the HEMAD page (https://www.convergenceresource.org/hemad) with everyone in your organization and through your social media channels, urging men to watch the short video and fill out the form (name, email address) stating they took the pledge. It's something that can be done during a timeout of a football game or while scrolling through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn. #HEMAD #HumanTrafficking, #HEMAD2022.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin team for Know Your Renter's Rights hosted by Goodman South Madison Public Library: Professional Lawyers will address many of the most common questions and concerns renters have in today's market. There will be two in-person trainings available. Please see dates below:
- November 7 at 6pm, Madison Public Library – Lakeview, 2845 N Sherman Ave, Madison
- November 21 at 6pm, Goodman South Library, 2222 S Park Street, Madison
To learn more, please visit legalaction.org/additional-resources/events.
- FREE HUD-APPROVED HOMEBUYER EDUCATION CLASS (IN PERSON) – SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10TH: The City of Madison, in partnership with the Home Buyers Round Table of Dane County and Consumer Credit Counseling Service, want to share with you the last HUD Approved Homebuyer Education classes of 2022! 2023 class schedule to come soon! Find all the events by following this link: https://homebuyersroundtable.org/events/. The next class for December is open!
- Time: 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Date: Saturday, December 10, 2022 Register by December 10th
- Location: Villager Mall on Park Street, Atrium Entrance (2300 S Park St. Madison, WI 53713)
- Register here: https://homebuyersroundtable.app.neoncrm.com/np/clients/homebuyersroundtable/event.jsp?event=37& Limit is 40 attendees, first come - first served.
Any questions contact Maria Davila-Martinez (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 608-266-6557.
- Madison College Survey: Madison College's marketing team is looking to better understand how we can best reach prospective students, adults aged 25-40. We have a particular interest in hearing from Latino and Black males. They do need to complete a brief survey to determine eligibility. If eligible, they will then be scheduled for a virtual focus group with our partner marketing agency. Please click on this link to access the survey. All those who participate in a focus group will receive $50 for their time.
- The application for a BYFY (By Youth For Youth) grant is open!: Youth applicants, schools, and youth-serving organizations in Dane County can apply for up to $3,000 for youth-led initiatives and the application is due December 23, 2022. Qualification details and application link
- Project Update: University Avenue
- Info, Resources, and a Calendar of Important Dates for Those Considering Running in the Spring 2023 Common Council Elections
- Yard Waste & Leaves Collection Ending Soon - Residents have at most one scheduled set-out date left for 2022. The weather put the Streets Division a behind schedule, but the little bit of snow we've had hasn't stopped leaf pickup. They're working hard to get caught up. Place your leaves out on the scheduled date for your home and Streets will be there as soon as they can.
- From MPD: Extra Traffic Enforcement
- Also from the Mayor: As We Honor Traffic Accident Victims, Let's Commit to Making our Streets Safer
- Remembering Peter Talen and the Lessons We Learned - How Tragedy Inspired a Stronger Smoke Alarm Ordinance
Email to a friend