Alder Nasra Wehelie
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Wehelie’s Updates
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of November 28, 2022
Finance Committee: The Finance Committee meets virtually on Monday, November 28, at 4:30pm. Items on their agenda include a resolution authorizing agreements for the purpose of providing Paratransit Services to Madison Metro, and a resolution awarding $8,950,000 from the Affordable Housing Fund that will support the construction of 500 units of new rental housing in Madison, 344 of which will be affordable.
Urban Design Commission: The Urban Design Commission meets virtually on Wednesday, November 30, at 4:30pm. Items on the agenda include a public hearing about the new Lake Street public parking ramp and mixed-use building at 415 N. Lake Street, discussion on the renovation of a former hotel located at 3841 E. Washington Avenue building to residential, and discussion of planned multi-use project at 6604 Odana Road (formerly Market Square Theater).
Transportation Commission: The Transportation Commission will meet virtually on Wednesday, November 30, at 5:00pm. Items on the agenda include a resolution authorizing agreements for the purpose of providing Paratransit Services to Madison Metro, and a proposed ordinance establishing a Transportation Demand Management Program.
Common Council Executive Committee: The Common Council Executive Committee will meet virtually on Wednesday, November 30, 2022, at 5:30pm. Items on the agenda include a proposed ordinance amendment to change alder terms and elections.
For additional information about meetings scheduled for the week of November 28, please consult the City Meeting Schedule.
- WPCRC Family Fun Night on December 9
- Public Information Meeting: Wingra Proper Watershed Study: The Wingra Proper Watershed Project will be holding a public information meeting on December 8 from 6-8pm. Please register in advance for this virtual meeting.
- Free Training on the Affordable Connectivity Program for Broadband Internet on Tuesday, December 6
- The 10th annual Run Santa Run holiday fun run will impact car and bicycle traffic in District 2 on Dec 4. The run starts at 3pm.
- Grow with Google Program, Digital Upskilling Workshops presented by The Madison Black Chamber of Commerce and Google: Held, Tuesdays from 12:30-1:30 on November 29, December 6, and December 13. Please register in advance.
- WWBIC is hosting a seminar on understanding how cash flows on December 7 from 12-1pm at WWBIC, 2300 S Park St, Ste 113.
- Free Homebuyer Education Class: Saturday, December 10, 8am-3pm, Villager Mall on Park Street, Atrium Entrance (2300 Park Street).
- City of Madison is a Top 10 Digital City!
- Giving Tuesday on November 29: There are numerous charities in Madison that are doing amazing work and deserve your support.
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Humanitarian Award- Nominations Open Now!: Promoting peace, Understanding, and Improving communication & cooperation between diverse populations in Dane County. Nomination deadline extended to Friday December 2, 2022.
- The application for a BYFY (By Youth For Youth) grant is open: Youth applicants, schools, and youth-serving organizations in Dane County can apply for up to $3,000 for youth-led initiatives and the application is due December 23, 2022.
- The Madison CARES: A New Approach to Behavioral Health: The CARES's annual report has been published on the Public Health Madison & Dane County's Violence Prevention page.
- Madison Parks Downtown Offices Move to Olin Park: Madison Parks' downtown office is moving to 330 E. Lakeside St., 53715 . The office will be closed to in-person visits on Friday, Dec. 2 and reopen at the new location on Monday, Dec. 5, 2022.
- Drop-off Site Information: The weekend following the Thanksgiving holiday will be the final drop-off site weekend for the year.
- Drop-off Site Hours for Saturday, November 26, 2022
- All three drop-off site locations will be open from 9:00am to 4:00pm for City of Madison residents.
- The sites are located at 121 E. Olin Avenue, 4602 Sycamore Avenue, and 402 South Point Road.
- Drop-off Site Hours for Sunday, November 27, 2022
- The only drop-off site open on this date will be the location at 121 E. Olin Avenue. This will be the final day for the Olin Avenue drop-off site this year.
- The drop-off sites at 4602 Sycamore Avenue and 402 South Point Road will be closed on Sunday, November 27. They will reopen on Monday, November 28 at 7:30am.
- Winter Hours
- Central Drop-Off Site, 121 E. Olin Ave.: Closed for winter starting November 28, 2022 - April 2023.
- East Drop-Off Site, 4602 Sycamore Ave.: Closed weekends after Saturday, November 26th. Winter Hours, starting December 3, 2022-April 2023.
- West Drop-Off Site, 402 South Point Rd.: Closed weekends after Saturday, November 26th. Winter Hours, starting December 3, 2022-April 2023.
- Directions for Residents with a Friday and Monday Trash & Recycling Collection Day: If your trash and recycling are normally collected on Fridays and Mondays by the Streets Division, you should have your carts to the curb by 6:30am on Monday, November 28, 2022. Check your collection schedule calendar to determine if you should have your recycling cart to the curb along with your trash cart.
- Street Closure--South Brearly Street: South Brearly Street will be closed at East Washington Avenue until Wednesday, November 30, for curb and pavement work at the intersection.
- Brayton Lot Closes to Permit and Transient Parking on Dec 1.
- I Park in the Snow Emergency Zone: Where Do I Park?
- Info, Resources, and a Calendar of Important Dates for Those Considering Running in the Spring 2023 Common Council Elections
Email to a friend