Alder Nikki Conklin
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Conklin’s Updates
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of September 6, 2021
I hope you have enjoyed your summer. As school is back in session, summer is coming to an end. I want to let folks know I was on vacation last week with my family before they went back to school ( I have 2 children in High school!) I am working hard to get through all my emails. If you feel I have not responded to you, please don't hesitate to reach out again. We get a lot of email each day, so it may have been lost in all the emails I recieve. Otherwise please know I am working hard to respond back as fast as possible. I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day!
City administrative offices are closed on Monday, September 6, for Labor Day.
Temporary Permissible Encampments (TPE) criteria and Reindahl Park
The Equal Opportunities Commission will discuss a substitute resolution updating the Temporary Permissible Encampments (TPE) criteria and permitting the continued use of Reindahl Park until a suitable alternative site is established at its meeting on Thursday, September 9, 5pm.
For additional information about additional meetings scheduled for the week of September 6, please consult the City Meeting Schedule online here
Events, activities, seminars, etc.
- The next MadLit festival is September 10, 8pm-11pm, on State Street. This free event is a D.J. Block Party featuring Bruce Blaq, D.J. Fusion, D.J. Pain 1, Nick Nice w/ Hitterz Collective, and The Dynamic Badgerettes. Learn more about the MadLit festival and upcoming acts here.
- Upcoming, public-facing COVID-19 mobile vaccine clinics, as organized by Public Health Madison & Dane County:
- Friday, September 3: The Beacon, 11am-1pm
- Tuesday, September 7: Northside Town Center, 11am-1pm
- Tuesday, September 7: Warner Park Recreation Center, 3pm-6pm
- Wednesday, September 8: Hmong Legacy Market on Fish Hatchery Rd, 11am-1pm
- Wednesday, September 8: Dane County Job Center, 2pm-4pm
- Thursday, September 9: The Beacon, 9am-11:30am
Additional Public Health Resources
As a reminder, Face Covering Emergency Order is in effect. You can learn more about this Order, find the news release, and watch the news conference on the Public Health blog. People who need to get tested can learn more about the more than 45 testing sites in Dane County on the Public Health website (in Spanish). Public Health Madison & Dane County's COVID-19 Data Snapshot is released every Thursday. You can read their weekly blog post for a summary of the week's data. For a weekly summary of talking points around COVID-19 in Dane County, please check out the hot topics document in their Google Drive.
- Bring a blanket or lawn chair and enjoy a free outdoor movie with Madison Parks this fall!
- Saturday, September 11, 2pm, Warner Park (2930 N. Sherman Avenue): Soul
- Friday, September 17, 6pm, Galaxy Park (132 Milky Way): Tom & Jerry
- Saturday, September 18, High Point Park (7499 Watts Road): Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- Tuesday, September 21, 6pm, McGinnis Park (9 Crystal Lane): Toy Story 4
- Friday, September 24, 7pm, Peace Park (452 State Street): Spaceballs
Announcements, press releases, press conferences, etc.
- There will be no Streets Division collection on Monday, September 6 (Labor Day). Learn more here.
- Metro Transit will operate on holiday schedules on Monday, September 6 (Labor Day). Learn more here.
- As refugees from Afghanistan arrive in Wisconsin, many Madisonians are interested in helping to welcome and assist them. Learn about ways to help here.
- On August 31, Mayor Rhodes-Conway released the 2022 Executive Capital Budget and 5-Year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) detailing her funding proposal for buildings, infrastructure, and other capital investments for Madison. View the City's full budget process, along with detailed budget information here.
- Metro Transit has moved into Phase Two of their Network Redesign Project which focuses on examining the 'network alternatives.' To learn more, and to take a brief survey in English or Spanish, go here: Metro Route Redesign PHASE 2 Input. Project leaders and City staff will also host a virtual Public Information Meeting on September 23, at 6:00 p.m. The Zoom link for the meeting is forthcoming on the project page.
- Several streets in and around downtown will be closed for the Ironman Triathlon on Sunday, September 12. Read about the hours, route closures, and Metro Transit detours here.
Email to a friend