Alder Nikki Conklin
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Conklin’s Updates
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of July 11, 2022
I hope you all had a nice weekend. I'm exciting to announce council will be going back in-person/hybrid. Please see the details below. You can also join in-person or online. Also I wanted to update you with my new work number. I can now be reached at 262-693-2058. Please use this number for your contact information. Please don't hesitate to reach out.
- The Common Council will meet in hybrid format at 6:30pm on Tuesday, July 12.
- On Wednesday, July 13, the Public Safety Review Committee will discuss the proposed ordinance that would prohibit the Madison Police Department and law enforcement responding under mutual aid from using tear gas, mace, impact projectile devices or other chemical agent for the purposes of crowd control. The virtual meeting begins at 5pm.
- For information about additional City meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City meeting schedule.
- Public Health Madison & Dane County's Violence Prevention Unit, in partnership with Be SMART from Moms Demand Action, is hosting a virtual session on gun safety on Tuesday, July 12, from 12pm-1pm. The virtual session is free but registration is required. Find more information here.
- Parks Alive is a collaborative effort across multiple City departments and involves many community-based stakeholders and mobile resources. This is a great opportunity to come out to local parks, build community, strengthen relationships, and have fun! Click on the following parks to see dates, times and activities for:
- The Madison Common Council and Mayor Rhodes-Conway are excited to announce the development of a hybrid format for Common Council meetings to help further the City's equity, accessibility and resident engagement goals. Members of the public may choose to view and/or provide comment in person or virtually at hybrid Council meetings. Read more here.
- Sample ballots are available for the partisan primary that will be held on August 9, 2022. Read the press release here. You can find a sample ballot for your address at www.MyVote.WI.gov.
Save the Date
- Opera in the Park is coming to Garner Park, 333 S. Rosa Road, on July 23 at 8pm. Read more here.
- Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center is celebrating its 25th anniversary with a free community celebration on Saturday, July 23, from 6:30pm-9:45pm at its William T. Evjue Rooftop Gardens. The event will feature local and regional bands, dance performances, and conclude with a spectacular drone show over Lake Monona. More details here.
Email to a friend