Open House for Upcoming Plans in West Area
The City of Madison Planning Division is excited to announce an Open House for upcoming plans, projects, and initiatives in the West Area. The event is a great opportunity to hear directly from City staff about proposed improvements aimed at serving the needs of residents in West Madison, between Midvale Boulevard and the Beltline (see attached map).
The City is working to engage with as many residents as possible to hear their thoughts about land use, housing, transit, streets, parks, and other community facilities in the area.
“With seven City departments and divisions present, this open house makes it easy for residents to get information they need and share perspectives on many projects at a single event, rather than attending many meetings,” said Mayor Rhodes-Conway. “I hope folks are able to stop by, even if just for a few minutes, to share their thoughts on neighborhood parks, transportation, and the many other ongoing initiatives in this area of the city.”
During the Open House, residents will hear brief overviews of several projects and initiatives from City staff and then have an opportunity to ask questions and give feedback on topics they are interested in.
The Open House will be held Wednesday, May 10th at 6:30 p.m. at Lussier Community Education Center, 55 South Gammon Road. See attached map for location and parking information. Bus route 67 provides half-hour service along Mineral Point Road until well after the open house ends at 8 p.m.
What topics will be covered?
The following topics will be covered at the meeting.
- West Area Plan – Planning Division
- Neighborhood Parks Development Planning – Parks Division
- Bus Rapid Transit and Transit Network Redesign – Metro Transit
- Watershed Studies, Greenway Projects, and Street/Path Construction – Engineering Division
- Vision Zero and Safe Streets Madison – Transportation
- Affordable Housing – Community Development Division
- Well 14 Chloride Mitigation – Madison Water Utility
Food will be provided at the event. Families welcome – stay for a few minutes or the whole time – whatever fits your schedule. Spanish and Arabic translation will be provided. For more information visit www.cityofmadison.com/westplan.
- Ben Zellers, Planner, 608-266-4866 , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Horvath, Planner, 608-267-1131, email@example.com
- Liz Stanislawski, Public Information Officer, (608) 266-9013, LStanislawski@cityofmadison.com