Letters of Support
Requesting MAC Letter of Support
The Madison Arts Commission (MAC) is the primary municipal agency that funds artistic activities and initiates cultural programs that integrate, support, and advance arts and culture as an essential part of life in Madison. In this capacity, MAC is solicited to create letters of support for artists and organizations applying for outside grants, permits, and honors. To insure that those entities requesting support are provided with letters consistent with the project for which they are applying, requests must provide sufficient background information to evaluate the level of appropriateness of a letter of support. The following procedures apply:
- Under normal circumstances, requests for letters of support should be submitted to MAC at least two weeks prior to a scheduled commission meeting. The commission typically meets the second Tuesday of every month.
- Requests for letters of support should be accompanied by a summary outlining the purpose of the project for which the letter is being requested.
- Requests for letters of support should include a copy of the budget proposed to accomplish the project.
- Requests for letters of support must include the organization and address that the letter is to be directed and the name of the project.
- Requests for letters of support should included a draft sample letter for review.
- Artists or Organizations requesting letters of support shall explain why MAC support is critical to the success of the proposed project and how the project will help advance MAC's mission.