Language Assistance Program
Posted Thursday, Aug. 9, 2018 at 8:00 am
The Department of Civil Rights has developed a training for City staff to effectively deliver the services required in the comprehensive Language Access Plan. During the months of August and September, we will be holding several training sessions on the Language Access Program and how to access the tools needed to effectively break down language barriers for individuals with limited-English proficiency including people from other countries and members of the Deaf community. Educating staff on current services will provide a starting point for service delivery and ensure we are providing meaningful access for all individuals accessing City services.
These training sessions will last 1 hour and you'll learn:
- What type of service do you need?
- How can you get informational videos?
- How to get started with translation services
- How can you get an interpreter for an event or over the phone?
- Who can you contact with questions?
- How can you get vendor information?
- Assisted listening device equipment
- Scheduling Interpretation Services
- Getting Translated Documents
Dates & Location
- August 15, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- August 22, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- September 5, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- September 12, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- September 19, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location for all trainings:City County Building, Room 525
210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
To register, contact Melisa Mendoza, email@example.com, (608) 246-3929. Please include two training date options, as there is a maximum capacity per training. Registration will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.