Get the latest Employee Updates, information on working from home, policies, and data related to COVID-19.
Preparing for Telework
Information Technology is working diligently to support the tools you need to work from home. This Telework Toolkit will provide you with the technical tools, resources, step-by-step instructions, and support you need to create a productive remote work environment.
Preparing for Telework Checklist
If you do not telework on a regular basis, review this list to ensure you are appropriately prepared for a successful teleworking experience.
Determine the device you will use.
- Test this device using VPN on City Wi-Fi and on your home Internet service.
- If you plan to use Remote Desktop Services (RDS), also test this connection on City Wi-Fi and you home Internet service. Make sure to write down your desktop’s computer ID number for when you are connecting remotely.
- If you are using a different city-owned device than normal, setup a HelpDesk Assistance Appointment to install your essential, IT-approved software. You can also email the HelpDesk to have your software installed remotely.
- Forward your desk phone. View our Telework Toolkit for these instructions.
- Review the Telework Toolkit for additional tools and instructions for working and collaborating remotely.