Free Feminine Hygiene Pilot
The Facilities Section has piloted a program to provide feminine hygiene products in three City buildings. The pilot program began in October of 2019 and is tracking the use of pads and tampons to determine use and budget allocations needed to implement the program in all city-owned buildings. The State began a similar program in December 2019 that would provide feminine hygiene products in all State buildings.
Feminine hygiene products are available at the following City buildings:
- Larry D. Nelson Engineering Operations Facility, First floor Women’s locker room
- Madison Municipal Building, First floor Women’s staff restroom
- Madison Municipal Building, First floor Women’s public restroom
- Madison Municipal Building, Second floor Unisex public restroom
- Midtown Police, First floor Women’s public restroom
The pilot program has been suspended during the COVID recovery period due to shift in use and priorities.