Audio Speaker Catches Fire, Prompts Evacuation At West Side Gymnastics Facility
Firefighters responded to Madtown Twisters Gymnastics Monday evening after a mounted speaker caught fire. Facility staff put out the fire using an extinguisher and prompted a complete building evacuation prior to Ladder Co. 2’s arrival. Firefighters examined the area, which was hazy from the dry chemical extinguisher that was deployed, and confirmed there was no additional fire present. Ladder Co. 7 set up fans to clear the air, and the speaker in question was placed outside. Facility staff were advised to have all related electrical equipment inspected prior to future use.