Candle Fire on Parkside Drive Displaces One

Incident Type
Candle
Dispatch
Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 11:49pm
Arrival
Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 11:53pm
Address
Parkside Drive
Madison, WI
Narrative

A Madison woman was able to get out of the house safely, but has been displaced, after a candle set her curtains on fire. When firefighters arrived at 11:53 p.m., they found the woman standing outside barefoot and shivering in the snow. She was invited to warm up inside the ladder truck as firefighters proceeded to the home, where black smoke was showing through the front window. Engine Co. 8 attacked the fire as Ladder Co. 8 prepared for ventilation. The fire was knocked down at 12:03 a.m., and crews confirmed nobody else was in the home. There was some damage to living room furniture and the nearby window. Nobody was injured.

Posted 10/31/2019 - 11:49am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)