Chimney Fire Displaces Household On West Side

Incident Type
Monday, February 15, 2021 - 7:23pm
Monday, February 15, 2021 - 7:27pm
1800 Block Cameron Drive
Madison, WI

A household is displaced following a chimney fire that spread to the roof of their home on Cameron Drive.

The homeowners called 911 at 7:23 PM. Engine Co. 7 and Ladder Co. 7 arrived four minutes later to find fire high in the chimney chase, as seen from the backyard. Engine Co. 7 knocked down the fire from the outside, and Ladder Co. 7 opened the roof and chimney chase to extinguish the fire that had spread into the roof area.

The Madison Fire Department’s Fire Investigation Team also responded to the scene. Nobody was injured in the fire. Initial damage estimates are at around $35,000.

Posted 02/16/2021 - 2:44pm

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)