Incident Type
Cooking
Dispatch
Wednesday, December 6, 2017 - 9:30pm
Arrival
Wednesday, December 6, 2017 - 9:36pm
Address
700 Block Pulley Drive
Madison, WI
Narrative

Firefighters responded to an east-side home after a pan of oil caught fire in the kitchen.

The resident said he was preparing to cook tater tots when the oil ignited. He was able to extinguish the fire on his own but suffered a small burn in the process.

Light smoke lingered in the kitchen as Engine Company 8 entered at 9:36 p.m. They unplugged the stove and ensured the fire was completely out. Ladder Company 8 ventilated the residence while Medic 8 examined the man’s injury. He declined further treatment and was not taken to the hospital.

Posted 12/07/2017 - 6:26am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)