Dryer Fire Displaces Household on Seminole Highway

Incident Type
Appliance
Dispatch
Monday, March 30, 2020 - 9:00am
Arrival
Monday, March 30, 2020 - 9:06am
Controlled
Monday, March 30, 2020 - 9:10am
Address
1900 Block Seminole Highway
Madison, WI
Narrative

A family is displaced from their home following a dryer fire that occurred Monday morning.

Firefighters responded to the 1900 block of Seminole Highway just after 9:00 a.m. Upon their arrival, crews noted light brown smoke coming from a roof vent. Engine Co. 7 entered the home, located a fire in the laundry room, and swiftly extinguished the fire with a water can extinguisher. Search and rescue operations confirmed all occupants evacuated the home and none were injured.

Fire damage was contained to the room of origin. Two adults and one child were displaced due to smoke dissipation throughout the home. The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced occupants.

Posted 03/30/2020 - 2:05pm
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)