Fire That Displaced Two The Result Of Improperly Discarded Smoking Materials

Incident Type
Smoking
Dispatch
Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 7:23pm
Arrival
Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 7:26pm
Address
2000 Block E. Johnson Street
Madison, WI
Narrative

Two people are displaced following a fire traced back to improperly discarded smoking materials.

Engine Co. 3 and other fire companies were dispatched to the 2000 block of E. Johnson Street Sunday night. Smoke could be seen from blocks away as firefighters approached. Crews encountered a single-family home with heavy fire on the porch. Medic 3 confirmed all occupants were out of the home as Engine 3 put a stop to the fire.

The MFD Fire Investigation Team responded and determined the fire was the result of improperly discarded smoking materials. Damage is estimated at about $15,000. Nobody was injured in the incident.

Posted 04/27/2020 - 1:51pm
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)