Firefighters Investigate Exterior Fire at Park Street Restaurant

Incident Type
Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:26pm
Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:29pm
900 Block S. Park Street
Madison, WI

Fire investigators determined this fire was accidental in nature with probable electrical failure in the area of origin. The fire caused damage worth approximately $8000.

--PIO Cynthia Schuster

Posted 09/17/2020 - 2:01pm

The Madison Fire Department responded to a restaurant at 900 S. Park Street for reports of an exterior fire. Upon arrival, Ladder Co. 6 was advised by dispatchers that the fire had just been put out by employees using a fire extinguisher. Firefighters spoke with a manager who stated he took a fire extinguisher to the roof, where employees sometimes smoke cigarettes.

With all parties evacuated from the building, firefighters set up a ground ladder and found heat signatures between 186 and 231 degrees in the area of the drip edge and soffit where the fire occurred. The crew checked for further fire extension and found glowing electrical wires.

The fire incident did not affect the interior of the restaurant. The scene was turned over to the MFD Fire Investigation Team for further examination.

Posted 09/14/2020 - 10:47am

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)