Firefighters Respond to Laptop Fire
On Tuesday, March 24th, Firefighters were dispatched to the 300 block of S. Westfield Road for a structure fire. Fire crews were advised that a laptop computer had been on fire and was removed from building.
Shortly after 10:00 am, firefighters from Station #2 were first to arrive at the UW Health Information Technology building. A staff member from the business told firefighters the fire was extinguished, but there were still smoke in the building. Crews were directed to the loading dock area, towards the rear of the building. When the firefighters entered the structure, moderate smoke was still in the area.
Crews from Engine 12, Engine 7, and Ladder 2 ventilated the structure. Once it was clear from the smoke, staff was allowed to return into the building.
The fire originated where discarded computer components were located. A scorch mark on the concrete floor was noticed by a Lieutenant. There was no structural damage or injuries as a result of the fire.