Flames On Roof Point To Fire In HVAC Unit
The Madison Fire Department responded to the 800 block of Walsh Road, where multiple businesses reside, to investigate a report of flames seen on the roof. Upon arrival, firefighters made access to the roof and found fire contained in a heating and air conditioning unit. Gas and electric power to the unit were shut down, and firefighters extinguished the remaining fire. Crews checked the businesses in the building and did not find any smoke inside. The fire remained isolated to the HVAC unit.
Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)