Kitchen Fire Displaces One, Nobody Injured

Incident Type
Structure
Dispatch
Wednesday, September 30, 2020 - 10:50pm
Arrival
Wednesday, September 30, 2020 - 10:58pm
Address
2200 Block Luann Lane
Madison, WI
Narrative

Everybody was able to safely escape a fire that broke out in a Luann Lane apartment overnight.

The Madison Fire Department were dispatched to the 2200 block of Luann Lane at 10:50 p.m. Medic 6 arrived first to find hot black smoke coming from a second-floor apartment unit. They informed incoming crews of their findings as they continued to search for any remaining occupants inside the building.

Ladder Co. 6 and Engine Co. 9 entered the apartment unit to perform fire attack. Firefighters located the seat of the fire in the kitchen near the stove. The fire had already burned itself out prior to firefighters’ arrival, but the extensive smoke and soot damage left behind forced the displacement of one occupant and a dog.

The American Red Cross has been contacted to assist the displaced occupant.

Posted 10/01/2020 - 9:40am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)