One Taken To Hospital, Two Displaced Following Cooking Fire

Incident Type
Cooking
Dispatch
Friday, September 3, 2021 - 8:54pm
Arrival
Friday, September 3, 2021 - 8:59pm
Address
7600 Block Radcliffe Drive
Madison, WI
Narrative

Two people were displaced, and one taken to the hospital, following a cooking fire on Radcliffe Drive.

Ladder Co. 2 and other MFD crews were dispatched to the 7600 block of Radcliffe Drive where they were flagged down by a resident and directed to the apartment involved. Smoke was visible in the common hallway and stairwell, and smoke was also banked down to the floor upon entering the apartment. A small amount of fire was located in a cooking pot on the stovetop. The cabinets above the stove were charred from fire damage.

Ladder Co. 2 extinguished the fire. An occupant was found nearby and taken outside by firefighter/paramedics. That occupant was transported to the hospital.

The fire was determined to be accidental as a result of unattended cooking. Alcohol use was a factor in the incident. The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced occupants. The fire caused damage totaling approximately $24,000.

 

Posted 09/07/2021 - 10:16am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)