Smoke Coming From Machine Sends Firefighters To West Side Princeton Club
Engine Company 7 and other west side firefighting crews responded to Princeton Club on Watts Road after a 911 caller reported a machine smoking somewhere inside the gym. No evacuation was taking place when firefighters arrived four minutes after receiving the call. Upon arrival, Princeton Club staff advised firefighters that smoke was coming from a swimsuit extractor in a women’s locker room. The extractor let out intermittent wisps of smoke as firefighters took a look at it. A thermal imaging camera indicated it was overheating at approximately 150 degrees. Engine 7 found a loose wire separated from the junction box inside the machine, causing it to arc. Power to the machine was shut down at the circuit breaker, and an electrician was already on the way to service the extractor.
Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)