Smoke In Basement Investigated, Found To Be Result Of Fallen Tree And Power Lines
Engine Co. 3 was dispatched to the 1100 block of East Johnson Street for a possible structure fire and the smell of something burning. Upon arrival, firefighters found a large tree resting across East Johnson Street with multiple power lines taken down with it.
Firefighters entered the home at 1134 East Johnson to find light smoke in the basement. Firefighters did not find fire in the home but suspected the smoke was the result of melted insulation on a ground wire in the electrical panel. Due to the imminent hazards near the house, firefighters remained on scene until an electrician could verify their findings.
Nobody was injured or displaced.