Incident Type: 
Wednesday, September 6, 2023 - 5:10am
Wednesday, September 6, 2023 - 5:15am
100 block Belmont Road
Madison, WI

Engine Co. 5 and other east side fire crews were dispatched to 110 Belmont Road for a reported kitchen fire at a nursing home. While en route to the call, firefighters were advised by the Dane County 911 Public Safety Communications Center that the fire had been extinguished.

Upon arrival, Engine 5 confirmed a fire extinguisher had been used to put out a fire around a stovetop burner. Firefighters turned off the natural gas service to the stove and oven, and Public Health Madison-Dane County was notified of the incident.

An employee reported arriving for the morning shift and finding a fire within the stovetop. The stove was reported to have been serviced by maintenance yesterday for functional issues. The kitchen was ordered to remain closed until inspected by Public Health Madison-Dane County.

Posted 09/06/2023 - 10:31am

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)