Three Residents Displaced Following Grease Fire

Incident Type
Cooking
Dispatch
Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 10:35am
Arrival
Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 10:42am
Controlled
Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 10:44am
Address
5400 Block Groveland Terrace
Madison, WI 53716
Narrative

A grease fire at the 5000 block of Groveland Terrace has left three residents displaced.

The fire occurred around 10:30 am after one of the residents had left a pan filled with grease unattended on the stove.

Black smoke was reported coming from the back of the home. Two people and two dogs were home at the time of the fire. Everyone escaped without injury. One dog was initially unaccounted for, but was found in the home and safely returned to the owners.

The City of Madison Fire Investigation Team estimates $15,000 worth of damages to the home and determined the grease fire was caused by unattended cooking.

Homeowners have insurance.

Posted 07/28/2020 - 3:32pm
Contacts

Bernadette Galvez, 608-243-0180