Incident Type: 
Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 8:16pm
Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 8:20pm
2600 Waltham Road
Madison, WI 53711

Unattended cooking was the cause of a fire that damaged the kitchen of a single family home in the 2600 block of Waltham Road, Wednesday night.

A pan of oil ignited on the cooktop, which also caught the microwave on fire.

Firefighters were dispatched around 8:15 p.m. As firefighters first arrived on the scene, they found smoke coming from the eves and the front door.

As crews were about the force entry into the home, the owner arrived with keys. Once inside the home, firefighters quickly extinguished the flames with a water can.

No injuries reported.

Posted 05/19/2022 - 3:31pm

Bernadette Galvez, 16082430180