- All Agencies
- Building Inspection
- Civil Rights
- Common Council
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Goodman Pool
- Housing Authority
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Madison City Channel
- Madison Public Library
- Madison Senior Center
- Mayor's Office
- Metro Transit
- Monona Terrace
- Municipal Court
- Office of Business Resources
- Office of Economic Revitalization
- Office of Real Estate Services
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Parking Utility
- Planning, Community & Economic Development
- Public Health Madison & Dane County
- Public Works
- Streets & Recycling
- Traffic Engineering
- Warner Park Community Recreation Center
- Water Utility
eNews from Mayor Paul R. Soglin July 2015
City News & Updates
Recently I was joined by MMSD Superintendent Cheatham, Judge Koval, Chief Koval, District Attorney Ozanne, Sheriff Mahoney, Alder Bidar-Sielaff, Dr. Ruben Anthony, Dr. Jerlando Jackson, Dr. John Odom, and Mr. Everett Mitchell on behalf of UW-Madison Chancellor Rebecca Blank to release the My Brother's Keeper Madison Report and Recommendations for Action and unveil the MBK Madison Community Pledge. I am grateful for the partnership of these individuals, the organizations they represent, and many more that have made MBK a priority.
While the City of Madison and our MBK partners are committed to fulfilling the two goals selected by our boys and young men of color (ensure all youth graduate from high school and ensure all youth stay safe from violent crime and receive second chances) progress cannot happen alone. We are asking that Madisonians sign onto the MBK challenge via the pledge.
The MadMarket Double Dollars program is a farmers' market incentive program for SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program) / FoodShare users. The program will offer a dollar for dollar match for all EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) transactions (up to $25) at three participating farmers' markets. The program will begin Sunday, July 5, and will run through December 20, 2015.
Verona Road Mosaic Project
You may have noticed something new along Verona Road in the Allied and Dunn's Marsh Neighborhood. Local artist Elizabeth Doyle has created a new public art project in the form of mosaics.
This project is entirely unique as it features representations of neighborhood residents. Elizabeth invited families to come out and pose for the mosaics. The 'model's' forms were traced and then area children and youth worked in groups to lay stones over the forms.
There was beautiful weather this week for MadCity Bazaar at Philosophers' Grove at the top of State. For those of you who aren't familiar, MadCity Bazaar, described as Madison's Urban Pop-Up Flea Market, features impressive items from local makers, collectors, and producers.
If you missed this week's festivities be sure to catch MadCity Bazaar when it returns to Philosophers' Grove on Thursday, July 9 and 16 from noon to 7 pm.
Photo Credit: Shanna Wolf
Recently, I joined Alder Phair, Superintendent Cheatham, neighborhood leaders, many volunteers and engaged neighbors at the brand new Theresa Terrace Neighborhood Center and the newly expanded Meadowridge Library and Meadowood Neighborhood Center for their open houses.
Art Experiences at the Bubbler @ Madison Public Central Library
Julie Koenke and Mandy Yourick are the founding artists of the collective Private Public. "Private Public" is a play on the term Public Private Partnerships, which has the goal of exploring private thoughts about race, class, gender and bias in public community settings.
Private Public believes that artists can play an important role in helping a community re-imagine and recreate its future. The pieces created during their residency, collectively called "Our Madison," are works in progress. Throughout this work, Julie and Mandy invite residents to participate in visualizing and recording our current lived experiences (both positive and negative) within our city to foster conversations about the issues facing our community.
- Elver Park Fireworks - Thursday, July 2, 2015 07/02/2015 Elver Park
- Family Fun Night: Independence Day Crafts & Games 07/03/2015 Goodman South Madison Library
- Taiko Drummers 07/07/2015 Hawthorne Library
- Let's Eat Out! 2015 Neighborhood Dinners 07/07/2015 Goodman South Madison Library
- Yoga in the Park! 07/07/2015 Olin Park
- Concerts on the Square 07/08/2015 Capitol Square
- Voter Education Ambassador Training 07/08/2015 Sequoya Library
- La Fete De Marquette 07/09/2015 to 07/12/2015 Central Park
- Capitol City Band Concert Series 07/09/2015 Rennebohm Park
- Night Light - Camp Bubbler Gravity and Ghost Stories 07/10/2015 Central Library
- Art Fair on the Square 07/11/2015 to 07/12/2015 Capitol Square, 200 Block Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
- Here Comes the Fire Truck! 07/13/2015 Central Library
- NESCO Concert Series 07/13/2015 Warner Park
- Stargazing Event 07/13/2015 Vilas (Henry) Park
- Madison Parks Community Connection Night at the Duck Pond 07/13/2015 Madison Mallards
- Meet with a Neighborhood Officer (Chat with a Cop) 07/14/2015 Goodman South Madison Library
- Concert in the Breese 07/14/2015 Breese Stevens Athletic Field
- Free Conservation Park Tour - July 15 07/15/2015 Prairie Ridge Conservation Park
- Family Fun Night: Celebramos Mexico! Celebrate Mexico! 07/17/2015 Goodman South Madison Library
- Maxwell Street Days 07/17/2015 to 07/19/2015 State Street
- DreamBikes Mobile Repair 07/21/2015 Hawthorne Library
- Job Mob: A Buffet of Free Employment Services - (at Madison College-South Campus) 07/24/2015 Madison College South Campus
- Disability Pride Festival 07/25/2015 Brittingham Park
- Opera in the Park 07/25/2015 Garner Park
- NESCO Concert Series 07/27/2015 Warner Park
- Teen Video Game Design Bootcamp 07/28/2015 Central Library
- Summer Library Carnival (at Overture and Central Library) 07/29/2015 Central Library
- Family Fun Night: Superhero Party 07/31/2015 Goodman South Madison Library
Go to the City Event Calendar for more fun City and Community events!
- Same Sex Marriage
- Southwest Side Facilities Now Open!
- Head Downtown for Shake the Lake!
- Verona Road Mosaic Project
- Make Music Madison-What a Great Day!
- MadCity Bazaar at the Top of State
- Celebrate Father's Day with Make Music Madison!
- Juneteenth Day in Madison
- Open Houses on Madison's Southwest Side
- My Brother's Keeper Madison Community Pledge
- Operation Lifesaver
- Join the Let's Eat Out! Fun
- Top of State Bicycling Resource Fair
Go to Mayor Soglin's Blog.