2021 Community Food Access - Competitive Grants Program
Because of the extraordinary circumstances created by COVID-19 in 2020, which will continue into 2021, Mayor Rhodes-Conway, members of the Madison Common Council and City staff collaborated to re-think ways that currently allocated funds could be re-purposed and mobilized to serve community food needs. Those conversations led to legislation creating the Healthy Community Food Systems Fund, which includes the Community Food Access - Competitive Grants Program. The City of Madison's 2021 Budget includes $150,000 in grant funds to be distributed by the Madison Food Policy Council, with individual grants capped at $25,000. The Madison Food Policy Council is encouraging community groups to apply for Community Food Access - Competitive Grants. Any proposal that improves the local food system and makes food more accessible for City of Madison residents will be considered. Applications that focus on COVID-19 food security/access response will be prioritized during the review process.
2021 Community Food Access Grants Walkthrough Video
Community Food Access - Competitive Grants Application Materials
Please download the documents below and follow instructions in the background letter to submit final applications and any additional materials by the Friday, January 29th, 2021 due date.
- Community Food Access - Competitive Grants Background Letter
- Community Food Access - Competitive Grants Application
Additional Materials for Applicants
- Please use the Food Access Improvement Map to contextualize the location and impact of your proposal.
- The Healthy Food for All Children 10-Year Plan
- This community plan was developed in 2012-2013 by Community Action Coalition of South Central Wisconsin and United Way of Dane County, through support by the Goodman Foundation, and outlines many different strategies to increase access to healthy foods for all children in Madison and Dane County. It is a helpful resource for Grant applicants. Read the Report.
Submitting Grant Materials
Submit your Community Food Access - Competitive Grants Program application to the Mayor's Office via email to email@example.com. Applications are due: Friday, January 29, 2021 by 5:00pm.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Food Policy Director George Reistad at (608) 266-4611 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
PIE Food Project Grant Application (Dane County)
The Office for Equity and Inclusion, in partnership with the Dane County Food Council, is pleased to announce the Partner in Equity Food Project Grant. This grant program was created to encourage the innovative development of projects that advance equity and access in local food systems across Dane County.
MORE INFO HERE: https://equity.countyofdane.com/grants/PIE-food